+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 13 week termination due to Trisomy 13

Hi All,

I think I am here looking for some positive stories.
    I am 41 and my hubby is 25. I already have a 10year old child and ttc with my new hubby who has low sperm count.

We have been trying icsi for the last 14 months. Did it 4 times, 1st time no luck, 2nd time no luck, 3rd time I miscarried at 6 weeks and 4th time we found out at 13 weeks that baby has trisomy 13.

I just had medical termination and I am wondering what the chances are of having another trisomy baby. Also do you think I should be now asking my fertility Dr to be putting in two embryos at once as I am getting on and time is passing.

Just looking for some positive feedback and your opinion on trying to transfer more than 1 embryo at a time.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im very sorry this has happened to you, what i can suggest is PGD testing, its were they test the embryo for abnormalities, As you age could be playing a factor in embryo quality.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry to hear you had to terminate your pregnancy. I had to terminate mine due to trisomy 16, which is supposedly common.

From the literature, trisomy 13 occurs in about 1 out of every 10,000 newborns and most cases are not inherited. So apparently the chances of a couple having another trisomy 13 affected child is less than 1%, but it's probably best to talk to your FS about your concerns and what transferring 2 embies might mean for you.

Similar Threads

1. 1:2 risk Trisomy 21, extremely low PAPP-A
    By emilylouise in forum Pregnancy Tests & Help / Support with Results
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 18-03-2014, 17:36
  2. High risk for trisomy 13 - 1:160 :-(
    By lisas854 in forum Pregnancy Tests & Help / Support with Results
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-08-2013, 05:54
  3. High Risk for Trisomy 21
    By JanuaryBlueberry in forum Pregnancy Tests & Help / Support with Results
    Replies: 33