+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

Default Constant biting

My DS2 bites all the time. He will be 1 next week and this has been going on for months now. I keep thinking it's a phase and he will grow out of it. I'm covered in marks and bruises where he pierces my skin and leaves me bleeding. He seems to do it more when he's upset (which is a lot as he doesn't sleep and is generally cranky and tired) and crawls all over me and bites, or grabs my fingers and tries to bite them before I get a chance to pull them away.

I tell him no and put him down on the floor or move him away from me, but he will just crawl back and continue to try and bite. I'm at a bit of a loss as my DS1 only went through a brief phase of biting (but when he was breast feeding) and he seemed to grow out of quickly.

He has always been a bit of a bitey baby. I remember as a newborn when I would stick my finger in his mouth he would bite/gum down on it instead of suck, and he did the same when we tried to give him a dummy.

Is this normal??? Will he grow out of it or am I stuck with a biting child? Is there anything else I can do to deter him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 15month old went through a similar phase around that age. Only recently has it almost stopped. She still bites me occasionally when she gets over excited or tired. So yes as with everything- good or bad- it will pass and is completely normal.
    Oh dd only bites me- never DH or Nanna.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

summastarlet  (06-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    My 15month old went through a similar phase around that age. Only recently has it almost stopped. She still bites me occasionally when she gets over excited or tired. So yes as with everything- good or bad- it will pass and is completely normal.
    Oh dd only bites me- never DH or Nanna.
    Thanks. Nice to know it's not just my child! He bites me the most (but probably cos I am with him the most) but will take a chomp at his dad, my parents and even his big brother if he can catch him. These baby teeth are just so sharp!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Max is still a biter. They are biters or not and at 1 there isn't a lot you can do but distract and divert.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

summastarlet  (06-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Max is still a biter. They are biters or not and at 1 there isn't a lot you can do but distract and divert.
    Oh no! Bet that's fun at day care!