+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It may have been unlocked but so was mine and many others, that's not hard or expensive. VF did mine for free...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Does it have Flappy Bird installed on it?
    That was my first thought !

3. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    VF did mine for free...
    How?! I have been with them since the beginning well about 15 years and they still say I have to pay to have my phone unlocked even though I only needed to use a Telstra Sim while traveling on holidays in areas vf don't cover.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What is jail broken?

16gb
    It modifies the operating system on an iPhone, or any device (game consoles etc, anything electronic can be jail broken, it just overrides the uniform system the devices come with)
    It removes imposed restrictions and lets the user customize it more and do all sorts of different things.
    You kind of build your own phone/device because you have over ridden it with what you want it to do.
    Fascinating stuff really
    My DH builds phones and computers as a hobby, he is always doing stuff like this to see how far he can go with old phones, game consoles etc, he buys all sorts of electronic stuff and stuff around with it.
    To jailbreak something it's all done electronically, you don't actually add anything to the device, it's purely just overriding the system, it's not "unlocking" a phone but completely different, takes a long time and if you don't do it right you can destroy the system all together.
    Some people pay a bit of money to have others jailbreak their electronics.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So what's with flappy bird?

It all sounds too techy for my brain... I don't really understand what value it adds. I'm a bit clueless with technology

Thanks
    Reviews
    An example would be someone having an IPhone but run the phone like a samsung, so the digital layouts, like icons etc look like a samsung, or you can build your own operating system altogether.
    So digitally build a phone, you need a few different programs on your computer to make them, but it's doable.
    Doing this will void all warranties.
    New software updates come out for the jailbreaks too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've heard of people selling phones for heaps if flappy bird is installed because it's a game that went crazy and then the maker of it took it down so you can no longer get it and people want it that bad.

I had it on my ipad and thought it was the most stupid game and promptly deleted it, damn it could have made 500 bucks

Thanks
    Reviews
    So what's with flappy bird?

It all sounds too techy for my brain... I don't really understand what value it adds. I'm a bit clueless with technology
    Haha, yeah DH is pretty into all that stuff, to me it's just a phone, but to him it's a little hub that can be expanded and stuffed around with.
    It's quite impressive to watch him build all sorts of things digitally.
    I'm not sure of how much it would increase value on a phone, but I do know our old PS3 could do all sorts of things, we never used it for games and it was used as a hub in the house to record things, store things, you could set timers on and link it up with other devices...
    When we sold it, it sold for an extra $250 due to the fact is was updated with the current jailbreak plus some.
    DH comes home with all sorts of junk and makes things, for what purpose I don't really know but the whole computer set ups, the tv, security system in the house have all been stuffed around with and "enhanced"
    I have Mac's, they are the only things I will not allow him to touch lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Flappy bird was a ridiculous game! How silly that people are paying a few hundred more just because the silly game is on it. Since flappy bird left, there have been several others very similar come out.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1399014176.238650.jpg