+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy 2.5yr old won't nap anymore!

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if someone can shed some light on my problem? Up until this week our little girl would go down for a nap in her bed around 1pm everyday and sleep for 1.5-2hrs. No fuss and no fights!

Last weekend my husband and I went to the coast for the weekend and she stayed with her grandparents (who have her regularly when I have to work and at other times overnight). She napped on one day with them and then stopped.

Since we've been back home I've had a shocking time. She simply WILL NOT nap, and instead kicks the wall, screams, opens cupboards and drawers. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work.

Having said all of this I understand that some kids drop their nap at this age and I could be happy with that IF night time wasn't a problem. Now that she won't nap during the day she turns into an absolute MONSTER at night. Screaming and crying and kicking, bashing the door and carrying on. We never had this problem before, even on the odd occasion that she would skip a nap she would generally fall asleep at night with no problems.

I am 30 weeks pregnant with number 2, still working shift work and not sleeping very well at night. I'm just exhausted, I can't understand where my good little sleeper went.

Any tips please?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can you try putting her to bed 1/2 hour earlier? Maybe she'd respond..,

My 2.5 yr old is happy either way but I want him to sleep coz he sleeps close to 3 hours and it gives me a break...

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is nearly 2.5 and she naps only about 3-4 days out of the week. On the days she doesn't have a sleep, I still put her to bed and insist on at least some quiet time... is that something she might do? and on the days she doesn't actually sleep, she goes to bed 45min -1hr earlier. This might seem like a silly question but does she have a poo brewing? DD will not sleep if she has one brewing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd definitely try putting her down earlier.

My dd is 2.5 and has also tried to skip her day naps (a few months ago) but she still really needs them!! so I wouldn't let her. I'm not ready to let them stop either. Those 1- 2 hours are my lifesaver during the day especially with miss having such bad behaviour at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have tried an earlier bedtime but with all the fussing and hyperactivity that goes on it doesn't seem to make things any easier. I suppose we could make it REALLY early and see what happens. It's just difficult to get dinner done etc etc in time.

She did have a poo brewing today but not on the other days...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not her night sleep but her day sleep Hun. Sorry I wasn't specific