+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    I agree.

Its a different kind of bored and lonely. I crave mental stimulation, adult conversation. I want to have a conversation that isnt about kids. I want to feel like more than just a mum. Its just unfortunate that our situation means work isnt an option just yet. I am lucky to be able to be a full time SAHM but I dont always enjoy feeling alone and isolated during the day.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yep, that's why I love going to work. I get to have uninterrupted conversations with friends.

I catch up with friends all the time when at home, but 9/10 we don't get to finish the conversation. And the conversations are usually at the park, play centre, birthday parties etc. where one eye and ear is always concentrating on the kids. LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    I agree.

Its a different kind of bored and lonely. I crave mental stimulation, adult conversation. I want to have a conversation that isnt about kids. I want to feel like more than just a mum. Its just unfortunate that our situation means work isnt an option just yet. I am lucky to be able to be a full time SAHM but I dont always enjoy feeling alone and isolated during the day.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Exactly the same for me too. I was a full-time SAHM for close to 3 years and that was long enough for me. I feel very fortunate that I can now work part-time, 2 days per week. I look forward to those 2 days too. It keeps my sanity intact.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, I love it. I've never been a big fan of other people's company (apart from a select few) and I love being at home all day with my baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I been doing it for 20 years.

I go through stages. I have been extremely lonely at times. I have had times where i hadn't spoken to another adult face to face for more than a week.

Most of the time i am just a little bit lonely. I don't make friends easily. I spend too mum time looking after my mum and dad for a good social life.

Hubby and I mostly keep to ourselves.

But overall i love my life and wouldn't change it for quits.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes I was very lonely when I was home full time. I just don't get on with most other mums, I've realized. I get along so much better with my childless friends and colleagues, so I'm much happier being back at work part time. I'm still at home 2 days and one day I see my mum and the other we do plenty of activities so I don't get lonely at all- in fact some weeks I wish we could just have a home day and do nothing, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I didn't but I was very lucky that I had family and girlfriends who didn't work that all live close by so we were rarely at home and always out ( plus I only have 1 child)
    I never felt I needed any other stimulation or adult company and dreaded going back to work part time this year but I wonder if that's cause im an "older" mum? and had worked for 22 years before having DS? I could happily not work and talk kids and babies all day long !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    God yes. Lonely, bored, frustrated. You name it. It's better now I'm back at work 2 days a week. School drop offs and pickups also help as you see other people and it breaks up the day.
    Same here. Working 3 days a week keeps me sane. I also noticed an improvement when my eldest started school as it gives some structure to the home days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Yes I was very lonely when I was home full time. I just don't get on with most other mums, I've realized. I get along so much better with my childless friends and colleagues, so I'm much happier being back at work part time. I'm still at home 2 days and one day I see my mum and the other we do plenty of activities so I don't get lonely at all- in fact some weeks I wish we could just have a home day and do nothing, lol.
    One of the biggest realisations I made after having my first child was that I needed something more in common with another person than the mere fact we both had kids. I liked my mothers group but unless we had something else in common it wasn't going to lead to friendship.

Once most of my single or childless friends partnered and had kids it got easier. Now I have 4 kids single or childless people tend to run a mile!!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (02-05-2014),KaraB  (02-05-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (02-05-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (03-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I met an older lady with adult children who told me she went through depression being a SAHM, and when she went through therapy she was told that adults need to interact with 7 other adults per day to feel connected, happy, human etc.

The life of a SAHM can be very isolating.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lemonpancakes For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (02-05-2014),MissMuppet  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    I met an older lady with adult children who told me she went through depression being a SAHM, and when she went through therapy she was told that adults need to interact with 7 other adults per day to feel connected, happy, human etc.

The life of a SAHM can be very isolating.
    That's interesting :-)