+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    I find that if DD doesn't have a day sleep she's more unsettled at night. She's 3 in August.

Just recently she's started going to bed without a fuss but still rarely sleeps through. She usually wakes at least once wanting me. I'm 29wks pregnant so DH has been doing the night wakings to get used to me not being at her beck and call! It's working well and resettling is getting much easier. It was all about consistency and she eventually realised she wasn't going to be allowed in our bed whenever she wanted.

In sure you've done this, but I'd just pick a strategy and be really consistent for a good couple of weeks. If that doesn't work then I'd consider sleep school. She must be getting a 'payoff' for waking/refusing to go to sleep so if you can figure it out that might help.

It's so tough when they don't sleep! Exhausting.
    So true, she IS getting a pay off, me!!! It's time to be tough as I'm hoping to get pregnant this year and would like some sleep at sometime!!! Hahaha

Good idea about dad going in too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    @lilypily, he does so well at home with no nap but I guess as they are active all day at day care it just makes it that bit harder!

OP, it's so tough - especially in the sense that there are so many options to try...no day sleep, increase day sleep, tough it out etc...and all seem to work in different situations. Sometimes I wish there was a fits all solution but I guess that would make for a boring world!

Thanks me too!!! I wish someone had the magic cure!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's your DD going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, well we have been trying a few things.
    Firstly putting her to bed before dad gets home, then trying to wind down without tv etc, then a rewards chart. It's sort of working. Hahaha

So the going to bed part is getting better, there are still struggles, but slightly better. The staying asleep during the night is hit and miss unfortunately. I have a video monitor next to my bed and my girlfriends tell me to ditch it. They think I hear her and run in too quickly not giving her that time to settle. It's a catch 22, I'm so tired that I let her grizzle or call out for 5 mins then I go in as I just want some rest. I think I'm the failure here.

So I'm just trying to be consistent with things at bedtime. Like you all said to.

Last night she woke every few hrs. Nothing seems wrong she just wants mummy. I'm a sucker aren't i?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSS View Post
    Hi, well we have been trying a few things.
    Firstly putting her to bed before dad gets home, then trying to wind down without tv etc, then a rewards chart. It's sort of working. Hahaha

So the going to bed part is getting better, there are still struggles, but slightly better. The staying asleep during the night is hit and miss unfortunately. I have a video monitor next to my bed and my girlfriends tell me to ditch it. They think I hear her and run in too quickly not giving her that time to settle. It's a catch 22, I'm so tired that I let her grizzle or call out for 5 mins then I go in as I just want some rest. I think I'm the failure here.

So I'm just trying to be consistent with things at bedtime. Like you all said to.

Last night she woke every few hrs. Nothing seems wrong she just wants mummy. I'm a sucker aren't i?
    You sound like me. My dd is 16 months and is a breeze to get to sleep but wakes constantly during the night. I've tried resettling/ patting, doesn't work she gets more hysterical and I then give in like an idiot and take her in bed with us. Big NO NO.... If you find a solution or someone has an idea would love to hear it too... Good luck op

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dansci0 For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (08-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter is a great little sleeper but we did have a week or two there where she did start waking in the night. I found that I just had to leave her because if I went in it would wake her up even more and then the next night she would expect me to go into her. So I had to completely leave her, it's hard because ur maternal instinct is to go and see them but with our girl it just made it worse. Also if I caved and just went and have her a dummy just to make her quiet even once it would then set a chain reaction for the next couple of nights where she would wake because she wanted it. Id leave her in her bed I, don't put her back in a cot. Hope u get some sleep soon!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brooke082010 For This Useful Post:

Funnels  (08-05-2014),MrsSS  (08-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansci0 View Post
    You sound like me. My dd is 16 months and is a breeze to get to sleep but wakes constantly during the night. I've tried resettling/ patting, doesn't work she gets more hysterical and I then give in like an idiot and take her in bed with us. Big NO NO.... If you find a solution or someone has an idea would love to hear it too... Good luck op

I feel your pain! It is just so hard, they are smart little bubs aren't they? When I'm being woken during the night I will think of you. If I find something that works I'll let you know.

For what it's worth, I'm doing ALL the things I said I would never do!!! Oh how I've learnt to stop judging!