+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 10weeks old sleeping pattern

Ftm with 10 wk old here- what was your baby's sleeping pattern like at 10 weeks old?! And can they self settle at this age?

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Both of mine were all over the place at this age. Needed a nap after about 1.5 hrs awake time, but definitely NOT self settling and being fed or rocked to sleep. And waking a lot during the night for feeds. There was no real pattern at this age, I just followed their tired signs.

10 weeks is really young so please don't expect self settling yet. Just give lots of cuddles and if bub responds to being put down and patted to sleep that's a bonus! Both mine have wanted to be held a lot during sleep, totally natural for a young baby.

Also, Acting when they're first showing tired signs not too late and overtired makes a big difference to how easy it is to settle a bub.

Not sure if that's helpful?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DS is 12 weeks. At 10 he started doing 1 long stint at night, usually 6.30/7-12 or 1am. And then wake around 3 and 5 or 6. So still needing to be fed at least 1-2 times overnight. (This is a rough estimate because then one night he'll sleep longer or less).

Naps, he's been having a nice long one (2-3 hours) in the morning that he rarely needs help settling for but then his afternoon sleeps he wakes 45 mins after his first sleep cycle and needs help falling back to sleep. I definitely think he's too young to leave to self settle or cry. He's gradually having more times where he doesn't need my help but I still have a lot of days where the only way to get him back to sleep during the day is to rock him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the risk or cursing you the 4 months sleep regression is just around the corner so don't stress too much about what your bub is doing now because you're probably screwed in a few weeks anyway....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

loulou21  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    One thing to remember is at this age they can only really last staying awake 60-90 mins so try and make sure your LO isn't getting overtired and follow their tired cues.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

loulou21  (02-05-2014)