+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inner hippy View Post
    Could you maybe cut the straps so it is just holding together so when she puts it on I 'breaks', th old oh no you must be to big for this now its broken. Not sure if it will work but if she is stubborn it might be taking away the defiant im not doing what mum says element. She will prob still be upset but maybe not throwing tantrums.
    oh gosh this is severe but I'm willing to try it. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Could you put something on her after she's asleep? Or an electric blanket on her bed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Could you put something on her after she's asleep? Or an electric blanket on her bed?
    I have thought about electric blanket but it's the same as a heater situation. I'd worry all night about if she wets the bed/overheats/it's faulty ect...and it's extra expense. If she'sd just wear damn proper pjs!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Muffet For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    I have thought about electric blanket but it's the same as a heater situation. I'd worry all night about if she wets the bed/overheats/it's faulty ect...and it's extra expense. If she'sd just wear damn proper pjs!
    Electric blankets are very efficient electricity wise and you can buy a mattress protector in kmart for $8. I understand money is tight, but unless you're willing to bite the bullet and be extra firm, I don't think there any other option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Night time tanties are the worst after a long day!!!! Could you both drop it somewhere like the charity bin or take it to someone ( like a friend and prearranged!) and say they are going away and taking it to children in need somewhere else for summer?!
    Might just be crazy enough to work?!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or maybe sew it into a pillow? That way she can hold it?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to acerbaby For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Muffet  (01-05-2014)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

its so hard I do agree with Vic Park and zombie eyes.

You have tried everything, and no amount of negotiation with wearing something underneath is going to work then as tough as it is, you need to out-stamina her. Prepare yourself for the tantrum, tell your DH and take turns with her ... it will only last a few nights. Wait till she is super-exhausted from the effort, and as a last ditch negotiation offer to let her cuddle the nightie if she keeps her pyjamas on.

If she says no, or tries to put the nightie on, you take it off her.

its a really hard thing though. MUCH easier said than done

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I don't know if this would work. Maybe you and hubby block out a week together when you can both knuckle down together/be extra supportive of each other, then cook and freeze up some meals so that's all organised and do the tough love thing, then say to your DD something like 'in five days you will be wearing pyjamas to bed, because...'. Let her choose her favourites from your stash, then make a big thing out of washing them, getting them ready for 'Pyjama Night'. Then have five days of no bargaining, no tantrum, she can wear her nightie, but each night you put a cross or a sticker on a calendar or something like that as a big ceremony before bedtime. That way you will have had a little break from these difficult nights and can steel yourselves for what's coming? No idea if that would work, but it's something I would try, so she doesn't get a nasty surprise. Then is there something she likes like temporary tattoos, sparkly stickers or something that she could get every morning she wakes up in her pyjamas for a little while?

I agree that you will win the battle if you can persist. I know you're going through a rough time at the moment, and it's the last thing you need, so I also totally understand why the idea of toughing it out seems so tricky at the moment. Good luck, LMM...

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (01-05-2014),FrothyFrog  (01-05-2014),Little Miss Muffet  (01-05-2014),VicPark  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inner hippy View Post
    Could you maybe cut the straps so it is just holding together so when she puts it on I 'breaks', th old oh no you must be to big for this now its broken. Not sure if it will work but if she is stubborn it might be taking away the defiant im not doing what mum says element. She will prob still be upset but maybe not throwing tantrums.
    I like this idea. Sure, she'll be upset but there isn't anything that can be done and it's not mum and dad being the bad guys. With any luck she'll let you console her with nice pyjamas to keep her warm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    I don't know if this would work. Maybe you and hubby block out a week together when you can both knuckle down together/be extra supportive of each other, then cook and freeze up some meals so that's all organised and do the tough love thing, then say to your DD something like 'in five days you will be wearing pyjamas to bed, because...'. Let her choose her favourites from your stash, then make a big thing out of washing them, getting them ready for 'Pyjama Night'. Then have five days of no bargaining, no tantrum, she can wear her nightie, but each night you put a cross or a sticker on a calendar or something like that as a big ceremony before bedtime. That way you will have had a little break from these difficult nights and can steel yourselves for what's coming? No idea if that would work, but it's something I would try, so she doesn't get a nasty surprise. Then is there something she likes like temporary tattoos, sparkly stickers or something that she could get every morning she wakes up in her pyjamas for a little while?I agree that you will win the battle if you can persist. I know you're going through a rough time at the moment, and it's the last thing you need, so I also totally understand why the idea of toughing it out seems so tricky at the moment. Good luck, LMM...
    your plan sounds totally awesome. Thankyou for your understanding, it is a tough time ATM, so much happening. I have let her cross too many boundaries as late and it's totally to do with my exhaustion/mind on other things. It has just been the easier option to give Into her. It is now a matter of her health and I could not forgive myself if she got quite sick from this "phase", because of my laziness/lack of parenting ect. She does not care much for reward charts as such but is obsessed with a specific tv character. Anything to do with that character seems to work bribery wise. Again, I don't know how to get around this without it costing the price of a kids DVD! - that is what got her to finally poo on the toilet 12 mths after being toilet trained.I'm not big on bribery either. She's very cluey. She will expect a DVD every time she doesn't wear that nightie.
    Last edited by Little Miss Muffet; 01-05-2014 at 21:44.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast