+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @ZAK, check out the shooting range at Belmont. There are a few different clubs/ranges there and you can hire your equipment there too. Perhaps get a group of friends together for something to do one afternoon. My DH has gone a few times and loves it. I'm not a huge gun fan so would draw the line at him owning a gun/having it in the house, but he can shoot to his hearts content at the range

2. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

ZAK  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post
    @ZAK, check out the shooting range at Belmont. There are a few different clubs/ranges there and you can hire your equipment there too. Perhaps get a group of friends together for something to do one afternoon. My DH has gone a few times and loves it. I'm not a huge gun fan so would draw the line at him owning a gun/having it in the house, but he can shoot to his hearts content at the range

Big help, thanks. I was a bit concerned I'd be the only woman there, but fingers crossed that there are others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Field and game clubs are good for clay target shooting. You'll probably find that the majority of ranges are designed for rifle and pistol shooting.
    Nothing weird about wanting to have a go. And depending on you'd state rules you should be able to give it a trial at a registered range/club without needing a licence.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

ZAK  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have a look on the SSAA website... Heaps of info and a really good starting point. Most shooting ranges have clubs associated with them and nost are very welcoming for beginners

I shoot and own multiple firearms and it is a great sport to get in to.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CupidsVictim For This Useful Post:

ZAK  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure where you are but if in QLD look up the qcta website for a listing of clubs. My husband is in a club - we live in the bush though. Great sport! Very social. Also there are heaps of women involved - many are better shots than the blokes (not me I am a crap shot) Give them a call they love having new people come in and have a try.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stumpy For This Useful Post:

ZAK  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAK View Post
    Big help, thanks. I was a bit concerned I'd be the only woman there, but fingers crossed that there are others.
    I can guarantee you won't be the only female Last time DH went, there were females in his group, and when I've gone to watch there have often been almost as many women as men on the range having a shoot.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

ZAK  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a work function at a range a few yrs ago. It was great fun. We did clay pigeon shoot with riffles. They showed us one on one how to use them, it was very well taught and structured and incredibly safe. We all had a great time and I really enjoyed it.

Dd had a bucks party there a few weeks later, he loved it so much he wanted to return.

There are a few ranges at Belmont that offer training and packages that might work for you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MadeWithLove For This Useful Post:

ZAK  (02-05-2014)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Not weird at all. I was taught to shoot as a kid, and I loved target shooting, never did clay shooting though. Rurally here we do a fair bit of rabbit and possum control (NZ)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

ZAK  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Do it! It's actually a lot of fun and a real challenge. I have only done target shooting with rifles but really enjoy it. When my husband first started going and getting into it, I was skeptical however once I went along and had a turn I understood the appeal.

Look up the SSAA and you should be able to find a local range in your area. They are all very friendly.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

ZAK  (02-05-2014)