+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Learning to shoot guns

Okay, I was going to ask this on my facebook, but didn't want people to get any strange ideas about my persona.

So, here goes. Ever since I was little, I always thought it'd be awesome to learn how to shoot a gun and do the whole clay pigeon thing. Lately, I have been wondering if any places offer lessons?

I realise that this is a rather bizarre question/interest, but it's completely harmless, nor do I ever plan on owning guns at home, as I have some very ingenious wilful boys running around.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @ZAK thats not weird, i play Call of Duty on xbox and have always wanted to know how to shoot a gun. Maybe try looking for indoor shooting ranges as a start?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsMummaButterfly For This Useful Post:

ZAK  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in a regional area but there are a few gun clubs locally so I'd start with trying to contact them and ask what they can suggest. A friends partner does clay shooting and he competes regularly all over the place so I'm sure there would be something near you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Cheese For This Useful Post:

ZAK  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you just want to do it for fun, go to a shooting range and you can borrow a gun and they'll teach you how to shoot targets. You can do rifle or pistol. Pistol is so much fun. I'd never own one there are far too many regulations for pistols but they are a lot of fun at a range. As for rifle I've only ever done that on our properties shooting cans or rabbit/roos. It is a lot of fun I have to admit gives you a bit of a rush. I've never done clay pigeon shooting so don't know anything about that

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rodeobull For This Useful Post:

IvyRain  (01-05-2014),ZAK  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not weird! I adore shooting!! Only targets/clay pigeons though, I can't bring myself to shoot animals (we live rurally so it's common for people to shoot pests like foxes). It's a great sport.

I'd start by looking for a gun club. If you can't find one or don't really know, ask your local police. They'll be able to tell you where the best places to learn are

Good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to IvyRain For This Useful Post:

ZAK  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good for you . I'm a rifle shooter myself (although haven't shot for a few years and contemplating letting my licence expire).
    It's great fun! I'd go to a local club and enquire there. They'll be able to help you with all your questions and loopholes you need to get your licence if it's something you wish to do.
    Good luck .

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiery For This Useful Post:

ZAK  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thanks guys

So do I just.....look up my local shooting range and call them, and they won't think that I'm weird or anything?

This guy me hope, thank. I thought I was the only one out there with this bizarre interest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There are also indoor shooting ranges that specialize with beginners, some gun clubs won't let you shoot a gun if you don't have a firearms license.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

ZAK  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No they won't think you're weird hopefully they'll actually be very friendly and welcoming like the people at my range

16. The Following User Says Thank You to IvyRain For This Useful Post:

ZAK  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Deleted... Wrong thread...