+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default HELP! Special Gift Ideas!

My DH's Nana (DDs Great Grandma) is turning 80 today!

She didn't want gifts, just everyone's presence at a dinner the family is hosting tonight.

DD and I now both have a horrible flu, head & stomach flu & I really don't think we can/should go (I've only moved off the lounge today to help DDs vomit TMI sorry but you get it)

DH is devastated, his family is Dutch & I know they will be very disappointed we missed the event.

I want to get his nana a special gift to show we care & are thinking if her. I'm going to get her a huge bunch of flowers delivered but not sure what else?

I don't know much about her, other then her heritage, and it's too late to do something really thoughtful (like a lifetime timeline etc)

Any suggestions? I'm thinking a chiffon scarf, of an engraved silver jewellery box, I don't know if she likes chocolates & she cooks all of her own sweets, any ideas?

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Considering it sounds like you're at death's door go with the flowers for now and in a few days do one of those photo albums that look like books with family pictures, maybe ask his extended family for pictures too so it's a more inclusive album.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ciaomamma For This Useful Post:

Mummy Potato  (01-05-2014)