+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Most work places seem to change for the worst with new management unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it's 1.30 in the afternoon and in still to wussy to tell my boss I'm pregnant haha. I should just bite the bullet and do it. People r just so opinionated at work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Kelbel, i know it sounds like a cop out but could you send them an email, then they will have time to think and then come and speak to you. Its awful feeling anxious like that but there is a good chance the already know by the looks of your tummy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure they already know. An email is prob good coz then it is in writing, but I will try and do it in person, it'll be good for my courage lol.
    I won't be going back there after my maternity leave as they r a **** company to work for so I don't even know why I'm worries.
    Thanks for the comment x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy to help - its like resigning, the anxiety in the lead up to it is awful and then once its done you feel like a huge weight has been lifted (i always work myself up so much i end up crying haha) you can do it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Just*Ace View Post
    I was having my evaluation done and my boss started saying 'I know your secret, you can't keep anything from me' and I said 'well since I'm only 6 weeks I didn't want to tell everyone yet' and she said 'wow you're pregnant I was just bluffing I didn't know. Yeah there's a good chance you could lose it being so early I wouldn't tell people either'

Grrrrrr still makes me angry 5 years later!
    Just bluffing!?! And who the heck makes that kind of comment? I'm a bit p'd on your behalf.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was a bundle of nerves when I told my boss I was pregnant with ds2. She could flip over nothing. She totally surprised me though, she congratulated me and got teary.

I think I'm just trying to say that it's more than likely your boss will be fine. And more importantly, you will be fine.

Congratulations!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lovely ladies for your encouragement!!!
    He is in a meeting now so I will try and tell him when he gets out.
    And you are all right is just the anxiety leading up to it and once it is done I'll be happy and feel heaps better

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work in a very male-dominated industry, where most of the women are admin and there are very few of us female technical staff.

When I told my bosses, they were fantastic! They had a morning tea to let the rest of the dept know the good news (because everyone needed a boost) and gave me a huge bouquet of flowers. Then they threw me a baby shower with some lovely gifts just before I went on leave. And when I brought DS in for a show around, they all oohed and ahhed and reminisced about their own kids as babies. So don't write them off because they're male- they may surprise you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Good luck! When I told my boss he said he already suspected I was utd. My manager knew as I was incredibly sick so I guess he just put 2 and 2 together.

Hope it goes well for you :-)

♥ me + he = you 17/9/13 ♥