+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 40+5 when I had my stretch and sweep. I had my daughter the day after.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had one at midday at 40+2 but had been in pre-labour since 1am & was 2cms. Had DD in the early hours of 40+3.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Anyone had one before 40 weeks?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yes, mine was at 37 weeks due to pre eclampsia. I also had 3 rounds of the gel

mother to a beautiful baby boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had two with DD. One at 39+4 when I was 2cm but cervix was still high, firm and thick. Then another at 40+4. I was still 2cm but cervix was much softer apparently. I went into labour 48 hours after the second sweep and had my daughter 2 hours later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Had one last Thursday morning 9am had bub Friday morning at 0350. 39 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you going lil miss?

I had a bloody show (a lot) on thurs night - enough that I got DH to come home from work - but nothing has eventuated over the weekend despite lots of physical housework and long walks and DTD. Have had contractions frequently but sporadically - nothing with any recordable frequency.

After less than 2 hours sleep last night, I wish mw would see me tomorrow for a S&S but I'm not even game to ask as I'm sure she would say no as I already have an appt booked for wed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cakeish View Post
    How are you going lil miss?

I had a bloody show (a lot) on thurs night - enough that I got DH to come home from work - but nothing has eventuated over the weekend despite lots of physical housework and long walks and DTD. Have had contractions frequently but sporadically - nothing with any recordable frequency.

After less than 2 hours sleep last night, I wish mw would see me tomorrow for a S&S but I'm not even game to ask as I'm sure she would say no as I already have an appt booked for wed.
    Still baking. Managed to convince dh to come home Wednesday instead of friday, s&s first thing thursday. Hoping things move along quickly after that. Midwife has sunday off to go sky diving so hoping I have bub before then lol.

Hopefully things progress quickly for you! Id still call and see if you can get in earlier, the worst they can say is no.

Another question I have is how long before having the s&s done can you dtd? Obviously not the morning right before having it done but would the night before (so Wednesday) be ok? And is it safe to dtd afterwards?

me + he = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (due May 2014) + sil (1997)

Thanks
    Reviews
    From what I've read, night before would be fine (I would avoid morning of, ew lol) and night of or next morning would be fine too, provided your waters haven't broken. I'm hoping to get DH interested night of (provided not too much blood) but he's on afternoon/night shift so doesn't get home until 2am and is normally too tired then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cakeish View Post
    From what I've read, night before would be fine (I would avoid morning of, ew lol) and night of or next morning would be fine too, provided your waters haven't broken. I'm hoping to get DH interested night of (provided not too much blood) but he's on afternoon/night shift so doesn't get home until 2am and is normally too tired then.
    Haha my thoughts exactly! Dh has been gone 2 weeks and its been 3 weeks since we last dtd.... suffice to say the night he gets home its on like donkey kong lol.

me + he = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (due May 2014) + sil (1997)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your last line cracked me up so much!

I had an acupuncture session on thurs, not sure if that contributed to the show I had. Tbh I don't know if I even believe in it, but it was relaxing.

I've got another appointment with a different practitioner on Tuesday morning. The first woman didnt even ask me a history or due dates etc.

I'm smashing the EPO and RLT as well. Sure,y something's gotta give!