+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    I would never restrict fruit in kids, only processed foods. You want them eating different tastes and textures
    I think it depends though as I've seen some kids eat large amounts of fruit and it can have an impact on their blood sugar levels ( and possibly cause diarrhea ) - whereas nuts or even better than more fruit - raw veggies - can be better for kids after they have eaten their 2-3 serves of fruit a day - plus I've seen kids fill up on fruit and not eat proper lunches/ dinners and are missing out on fats/ protein as they are too full!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a rule in my house that my kids can always always always have fruit. They can help themselves to the fruit bowl anytime they like. For me the positives outweigh any negatives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Agree but I add carrots, green beans , cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and raw peas to our fruit bowl so DS gets to snack on veggies as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Agree but I add carrots, green beans , cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and raw peas to our fruit bowl so DS gets to snack on veggies as well
    To avoid spoilage, do you only put out what you definitely know your Ds will eat? I would be worried it would waste not being in the fridge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every morning I put a bowl of fruit/veg out on the table in the family room , then again in the afternoon/evening when we get home ( then it goes in the fridge!) the peas I usually eat with him every couple of days before dinner as he "helps" me peel them !

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I aim to eat paleo, and succeed probably 80% of the time but my toddler does not. It's too hard. Little kids really need carbohydrates for all the energy they burn and a nice pot of soaked breakfast porridge, or some quality sourdough bread is such an easy way to provide. She also has dairy, mostly raw milk. I eat a lot of soup, curries, and meat and 3 veg style meals.