+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Please stay asleep!

Hi folks,

I am hoping someone can offer some advice. DS almost 3 has generally been a relatively good sleeper... until about 6 months ago when he started waking MULTIPLE times a night. He wakes, doesn't cry, gets out fo bed wanders to our room and waits for me to get up and put him back bed... this can happen up to 6 - 7 times a night. I thought it was because we would lie with him until he would fall asleep... on his floor beside his bed..and maybe it is because of that. However, I have had enough so the last 3 nights I have let him put himself to sleep...I have been hovering in the hallway because he comes looking for me if Im not somewhere in the vicinity...and he has gone to sleep without an issue... it did take some time with him singing to himself and tossing and turning etc but e went to sleep. Hubby is away, and last night after he wandered into my room for the 3rd time I just put him into bed with me. Anyone have any idea WHY he might be doing this and WHY he has been doing it for so long? We are both tired...he is normally a good tempered little thing, but lately he's moody and I can only put it down to lack of sleep.

TIA

Liddia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Probably just lonely and wants a cuddle I'd say I always put my kids to bed in their own beds, but if they get up through the night I just let them stay with me so we can all get a decent sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats the trouble though. Most of the time he doesnt want to be in our bed, he wants to be in his bed with me on the floor :| I though this was a phase, but it seems it's here to stay. I'd be happy to cuddle up with him in our bed but I'm such a light sleeper that every tiny movement keeps me awake, so I end up getting out and leaving him there, and getting in his bed. Maybe I should sedate myself so I am too asleep to feel him..lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hopefully it's just a faze at this age. Ds1 went through a faze of sleep walking and ds2 went through a stage of having night terrors both just before they turned 3. I always put them back into their own beds. It soon passed.