+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default New-ish here Q re: cycles

Hi,

So I have been browsing the forums here for a few months now. Hubby and I went off any contraception in December. We were using condoms (TMI?) for a few months because I wasn't liking the pill and didn't want to try anything else yet.
    I had been keeping record of my period cycles for a while and was consistently averaging 30-32 days. Then Jan/Feb it was 42 days. Feb/march was 36 days. And I'm currently day 41 for march/April. Still no period. Anyone had crazy inconsistentcies before after being so regular?

We started unofficially trying in December and January and then I needed an injection so had to miss Feb for ttc. Then since march period I have been tracking cycles and tracking bbt. I have taken 3 tests and each have been BFN
    . But my period is "late" again.

Any thoughts ideas? Support? Waiting sucks!
    Last edited by Bekstalh; 30-04-2014 at 10:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can you remember any cycle days you had egg white cervical mucous? (Ewcm)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah this cycle I had ewcm on cycle days 18 and 19 I think. And had IC on cycle day 17 19 and 20

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bekstalh - it is so frustrating when your cycles are all over the place! I've been experiencing something similar since TTC. Cycles were reasonably consistent (between 32 and 35 days for me) and then I jumped to a 40 day cycle and have even had one that was only 25.

Are you using OPKs at all? It may be that you're ovulating on different days each cycle and that's throwing you out? Using them in conjunction with BBT might giv you a clearer picture over the next few cycles?

Also, not sure whether you'd consider going to the GP yet but mine has been great in at least starting to get some blood tests done to check whether I'm ovulating (I haven't been convinced that I have the last couple of months). I've just gone past the 7mth mark of TTC for our first so you mightn't be quite at the stage for the doctor yet but worth keeping in mind.

Good luck though - hope your cycles become kind to you and your TTC journey is a short one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. Yeah I have been to the doctor a couple of time since Jan for the injection, pap smear etc so I have mentioned that my cycles have been different.

So I'll keep an eye on them and if they are still all over the place and not pregnant in a few months I will go see her again.

I bought an OPK middle of this cycle and did 2 OTs but I think I had already ovulated so were negative. So I will try them along with CM charting and bbt next cycle.

I hope so too. I just want my period to hurry up now so I can start a new cycle again... Unless of course I am pregnant, then I don't want my period. But I think it's unlikely.

Sent from my XT1033 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still no period yet. Still getting negative tests.

Sent from my XT1033 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    maybe worth heading in for blood tests?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    irregular cycles are so frustrating! I had a similar scenario a couple of years ago when I was TTC. I'd been on the pill for 10 + years, then used condoms for about 6 months while I sorted my health out.. By the time we got around to officially TTC my cycles had gone completely out of whack. I was having 33 days, 45 days, back to 29.. All over the place. I ended up falling pregnant with my daughter after ovulating on day 42 of my cycle! Crazy huh, but it worked.
    Hope your cycle settles soon but don't lose hope in the meantime! X