+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First pregnancy - Due 24/12/14

Hi all,

I am exactly 6 weeks pregnant today. I am going for my first scan on the 15 May (which will be at 8 weeks 1 day) Have been a little concerned as my 'feeling sick' side of things has simmered right down over the last few days. I am feeling twinges/cramps mainly at night. I hear that this is ok, especially seeing there is no bleeding. Maybe I am going to be one of the 'lucky' ones that doesn't get ill.

Anyone who can give me feedback on their experiences relating to this would be great.... and any general 6 week and upcoming week tips would be great.

I have aps that are a good general guide and 'Up the Duff' and "what to expect when you're expecting' books and informative friends... but it was one of my friends saying "I believe if you feel a lot of mornings sickness that everything is going right with the development' that has my dropped illness feeling making me worry a little!

I am 37 and have a history of endometriosis but my health is a good average and I am doing everything possible to do this right and am seeing a more rounded pronounced belly as we go along and am pretty excited!

20140421_105653.jpg
    Last edited by Lady K; 30-04-2014 at 09:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @Lady K congrats! I am also pregnant with my first, I'm due on 25 November so am just over ten weeks. I've had three scans and everything is going well but, like you, I haven't really suffered from sickness. I am tired and seem to be suffering from headaches but thats all! I told my ob and he just said I was one of the lucky ones. I've had twinges etc too, so I'm not stressing about it, I'm must just be one who doesn't get ms! Easy to say but try not to worry just because you don't feel ill

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

Lady K  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Molros Great to receive a post so soon! and yes, hard not to worry when you are told that it is a good sign.

Am seeing the Doctor today so am going to check things over with her too. My blood test showed 1300 at 5 weeks 2 days so that is a steady number from what can tell.

Hard to be confident when all I have seen so far are test results and no images, but glass half full and all that, no dampening the excitment, just want all to be good!

Can I ask Molros, the reason you have had 3 scans at 10 weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lady K we had a scan a 7 weeks, the viabillity scan, then we had two ob appointmens (we saw two and then picked the one we liked best) but each of them gave us a scan too! The next one is the NT scan on th 13th May and then we can tell everyone!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

Lady K  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I've been reading the tread thinking that probably it was written by me) I'm also in 6+ weeks now, having the Dr appt tonight
    I did bloodtest and other pathology collected last week so I hope to get the US referral today as well as some info regarding hormone levels etc..Cannot wait!

I'm 38, had a long history of 3 MCs and still cannot believe it happened naturally!))

Cannot stop stressing out since I first saw the 2 striped test, having small brownish spotting not calming down also...I'm worrying when I feel cramps and feel uncomfortable, thinking that's not right.
    When all's good and I feel fine I also think that's not right and feel stressed even more.

The only thing that comforting me is that's only the beginning of the journey and that if everything's OK than it well be my normal state for the next ~20 years so I better get used to it as soon as I can for the sake of my and my family sanity)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Irinko For This Useful Post:

Lady K  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Irinko,

It does sound like everything for you has been a bit of an adventure. Hope for the best with your doctor's appointment tonight! Let me know how you get on Just makes it even more clear how every pregnancy is different.

I never realised how concerned I would be with all the little symptoms let alone stages. I do like to think of the twinges/cramps as the baby reminding me it's there and telling me it is growing! I went to the doctor and she's told me not to stress. Things will be seen in my first scan that will be a good tell all.

I guess in all logic, there is not much more to be done then taking good care of yourself as there is only so much you can control and make happen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi congratulations!! With my first pregnancy i had no.sickness at all!, never even felt sick at any time during the entire pregnancy. I had a very healthy baby boy. This time i haven't had any sickness but in.the first 12 weeks i did feel a bit sick. I don't believe sickness is an indication of a healthy pregnancy at all. Good luck and don't worry feel blessed that you have it good

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Me tooooo!

Hi Lady K.

I'm 6 weeks today also! Awesome christmas pressies for us

I haven't got any symptoms at the moment except cramping and I'm just starting to get tired in the arvo's. I asked my Dr if i could get a 'dating scan' done just so i can hopefully see my little blob as im too impatient to wait till 12 weeks. So I'm booked in to get that done at 7 weeks sooooo..next week!! I never got a blood test to see the hcg which is really annoying. But i almost feel like i have to take a pregnancy test every couple of days to make sure! not having many symptoms does suck in a way! At least its a little bit of confirmation that baby's still there and everything's normal Ahhhhh well. So excited for next week

Cassie
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ... Reading this makes me feel good about feeling good! and am hoping all this talking about not being sick isn't premature and it's still going to come!! Nice to hear that healthy babies don't necessarily mean ill pregnant ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Cassie, you sound pretty similar to me! Cool to hear from someone exactly at the same stage as me ha ha yes, Easter Mondays test was the best Easter egg surprise ever and this Xmas will be unforgettable!

I guess I am getting tired too but have put that down to me doing night class once a week and study! Great to hear you are doing the 7 week scan (mines a week later just with appointment timing) it's a good one to have to show the baby growing in the right place etc... let me know how you go.

I pee'd on a stick twice, the Easter Monday and also the day of my blood test... I like solid proof! so I know what you are saying about confirmation!

All the best for your scan