+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Q for those who use routines incl feed/play/sleep

If bub falls asleep on your boob during a feed, and has a 10-15 min snooze, do you start the clock again for the next sleep? As in when he's due for his next nap?

Ds3 12 weeks had a nap whilst feeding. He looked comfy so I didn't wake him ( plus the cuddles were too nice to pass up ).
    But now, only an hour later, he's got clenched fists and is whingy. But that's only an hour of awake time ???!!
    Now I wouldn't care if he slept well but he only sleeps 1 sleep cycle which to me means he wasn't tired enough to begin with...
    He does self settle, but can't resettle or push thru... Or maybe I'm just putting him to bed too early?
    By 12 weeks I'm expecting him to be up 1h45min before sleep but he generally doesn't last that long...

Any advice??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know I sound mean but I wake babies if they fall asleep during a feed as otherwise they get stuck in the snack feeding/sleeping cycle. I make sure to give a decent feed, some awake time (however if they're newborn they only need an hour of awake time which some babies can take the full hour) and then put to bed. At 12 weeks I would definitely be keeping them up for 1.5-2 hours so they get a decent sleep cycle in.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FlipFlop For This Useful Post:

misho  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipFlop View Post
    I know I sound mean but I wake babies if they fall asleep during a feed as otherwise they get stuck in the snack feeding/sleeping cycle. I make sure to give a decent feed, some awake time (however if they're newborn they only need an hour of awake time which some babies can take the full hour) and then put to bed. At 12 weeks I would definitely be keeping them up for 1.5-2 hours so they get a decent sleep cycle in.
    Thanks

Not mean at all. I try to keep him awake too but because he's not sleeping much I decided to let him have the power nap.

It's a pain in the butt! My 2nd was a trooper with his sleep, but this guy just can't do it... I try and resettle but he doesn't get it.

I'll try for 2 hours next time round, see how we go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    Thanks

Not mean at all. I try to keep him awake too but because he's not sleeping much I decided to let him have the power nap.

It's a pain in the butt! My 2nd was a trooper with his sleep, but this guy just can't do it... I try and resettle but he doesn't get it.

I'll try for 2 hours next time round, see how we go!
    Good luck! It can be tricky to keep them awake during feeds but it's ultimately going to benefit you both if you can do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 8 months old and she sometimes will only go 1hr between naps. I just follow her lead tbh.