+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do nightfill at woolies. I start at 7pm-midnight Thursday - Sunday. They also have homeshop. Their shift is 8pm till midnight and they do the shopping for online shoppers. I earn good money. Minimum hourly pay is $22 and it goes up from there. Saturday is time and a half and Sunday is dbl time. I bring home $500 pw as I work Sat and Sun nights and that's 20 hrs pw ppt. Casual is higher pay.
    Last edited by ozeymumof5; 29-04-2014 at 15:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymumof5 View Post
    I do nightfill at woolies. I start at 7pm-midnight Thursday - Sunday. They also have homeshop. Their shift is 8pm till midnight and they do the shopping for online shoppers. I earn good money. Minimum hourly pay is $22 and it goes up from there. Saturday is time and a half and Sunday is dbl time. I bring home $500 pw as I work Sat and Sun nights and that's 20 hrs pw ppt. Casual is higher pay.
    And you feel you cope ok with doing that and looking after kids too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessed Be View Post
    And you feel you cope ok with doing that and looking after kids too?
    I've been doing this job for 7 yrs now and I cope pretty well. I do rely on dh's help on the weekends...I sleep most of Saturday and half of Sunday while dh looks after the kids and keeps up with the housework and during the week I'm fine to keep up with the daily challenges of 5 kids, school runs, housework etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    im a chef and do nights. yes its hard but its ok if you have support. maybe look into cafe/kitchen jobs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Up until recently I was working 2-3 nights in hospitality.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do two afternoon shifts a week usually Friday and a sat/sun which also boosts up the pay. Dh picks up ds from daycare on a Friday then comes home to dd who my mum watches for about an hour after I leave to go to work at 2pm. I get home at about 11.30pm. Dh then gets up with the kids in the morning and I get up about 8am. So we really only get one day a week as a family but this saves us from asking more people for help or having both our kid in daycare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all. I think ill go for it then once I've had our second baby. Its a while off, but in the meantime ill look into my options

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do u live near your airport? Many shifts working for airlines like checkin.. maybe not cuz passengers can do your head in.. but cleaning the aircraft or physical work of loading baggage. Pay is aboit $25hr casual and double on sundays.. just another option

Thanks
    Reviews
    DF is a bartender (11pm-7am). When he used to work the earlier shift (home around 2-3am) he was able to get up around 10/11 and be okay but he'd need a nap before he went to work again. And he really struggles on days off with days and nights being so opposite for him. But he also works 5 nights a week so it might be different if it was only 2 nights a week. When he first started with 6pm shifts it worked well, it was an adjustment doing bedtime and dinner by myself though.

Pay is really great though as he gets paid an extra dollar after 7pm and another extra dollar after midnight plus Saturday and Sunday rates.
    Last edited by callmedragon22; 02-05-2014 at 17:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work two shifts a week, 7pm-12pm, Thursday and Friday nights. Deli at woolies. To be honest, i'd rather not be in deli (have been deli for over 10yrs), but the money is good, and the hours suit (i clear $206pw). At the moment, i am struggling with the late nights. I am 12wks pregnant, and DS3 wakes up between 5 & 6, i usually get to bed about 1am on work nights, so i find it takes me a couple of days to recover. Deli work is pretty physical too, on my feet for 5 hours (am meant to have a break, but am by myself and too busy), and there is a lot of bending and lifting. I don't get sleep ins either, we have school and kinder drop off, and Saturday mornings are Auskick. It's all good though, it's a steady job, and i have been with the company for 15 years, they have been good to me.

I am hoping to do cert 3 in aged care at some stage so i can so that instead!