+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Son spending increased time with his dad - what do i need to provide?

Hi Ladies,
    My son (nearly 2) will be spending increased time with his dad, and now going to his house for visits, spending up to 9 hours there twice a fortnight. What things do i have to provide? (ie nappies, food etc)
    Or does the father have to have his own set up with everything required?
    I am sick of packing nappy bags and lunchboxes for every visit!!
    THanks!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not a SP - but your ex needs to be supplying food & nappies ect for when he has him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DD's father has everything at his house, always has. He picks her up from daycare every second Friday and has his own stuff for her in his car and house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    He has to provide everything, I would send a change of clothes but nothing else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    He should be providing everything. He's not the babysitter, he's his father!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (03-05-2014),ButterflyMa  (29-04-2014),LaDiDah  (03-05-2014),Pesca77  (03-05-2014),PurpleButterfly4  (17-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    With 9 hours twice per fortnight I would say your ex hubby should take care of the disposable items such as food and nappies. It would be nice if you could share the permanent items though (clothes, toys etc).

Good luck
    Last edited by VicPark; 29-04-2014 at 17:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much ladies!!
    Just wasn't sure if I was being fair or not!
    Am preparing myself for an argument, so glad I am in the right!!
    I will send a change of clothes, but glad I don't have to do more!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If he has a favourite comfort item, i would sent that too...especially if it helps at nap time.

I had the same argument with my ex when DS was about that age In fact, nearly 10 years on he still tries to pull out the "i need you to send xyz"...nope, get it yourself!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My ex has the boys 4 nights a fortnight. I don't send a thing with them. He has everything.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    My ex has the boys 4 nights a fortnight. I don't send a thing with them. He has everything.
    I wish this was how it worked for us (and it used to)! I got told that as the custodial parent I am meant to supply everything, like every other custodial parent did. He then told DD9 that he pays me lots of money ( he doesn't pay any child support and they are chasing him) so I should supply everything. In the end I now send them with a packed bag

OP he should supply everything needed required while he spends time with bub. I would get into this habit asap, or you end up like me..... Oh my only exception would be antibiotics if they were mid course or a security toy.

CSA state on their website that child support takes into account that the paying parent has to see to the child's needs when they are under their care.

Good luck!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (17-05-2014)