+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah its hard because its not like we can throw ourselves into a exercise routine too soon...Ugh. Being a BF mother really is a selfless act!

I like the idea of weight watchers.... I have never done them and didn't know they catered for BF women!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I lost a lot of weight quickly whilst bf (like over 10kg in 5 weeks) but it was a disaster. My baby started waking every 2 hours overnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Michelle bridges 12wbt has a breast feeding programme I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have the posters who've all struggled with weight during b'feeding been exclusively b'feeding or mixed feeding? It's unfair how the weight falls off for some and lingers for others.
    I'm watching the postpartum updates for Anna Saccone, this vlogger on YouTube, and the weight has like melted off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I exclusively breastfed every 4ish hours through the day and every 2 hours at night (grrrr) for the first 6 months.
    With my first my neighbour and I had kids 6 weeks apart. We'd sit and feed together and I swear I could see her losing weight with each feed....as she ate a piece of cake and I was eating an apple. Stupid genes

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Havne't read all the replies, but I'm the same as you, I can't lose weight while breastfeeding.
    I HAVE managed to this time, but each time I've lost it I've put it all back on. I'm producing milk and also very sleep deprived and the only way to keep producing milk and make it through the day is to eat eat eat. So yeah, I have lost the weight but failed to keep it off.
    I know once I eventually stop feeding I'll be able to lose it and maintain easily. He's 11 months now and I'm thinkin I will probably keep feeding him for a few more months then concentrate on getting my body back.

ETA - I am still getting to the gym between 3 and 6 times every week, so I've still got muscle and fitness going for me, just a nice layer of "I eat way too much food" sitting on top of it.
    Last edited by CazHazKidz; 30-04-2014 at 11:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Piyamj View Post
    Have the posters who've all struggled with weight during b'feeding been exclusively b'feeding or mixed feeding? It's unfair how the weight falls off for some and lingers for others.
    I'm watching the postpartum updates for Anna Saccone, this vlogger on YouTube, and the weight has like melted off!
    I mixed fed but as my dose of motilium was much higher this time for the most part all but one feed (out of 7-9 feeds) was BF.

I've also watched friends BF and shed 20+ kgs of baby weight in a few months without even getting off the couch. I have PCO though and apparently there is a correlation between that and BFing stopping weight loss.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I found it really hard to manage food intake early on breastfeeding - just way too hungry *all* the time, especially eating at night. Like baby waking was like "yay! it's cake at 3am time!"

I have absolutely no advice really, except that it got better for me, with both kids about 12 months into breastfeeding things leveled out, they're more reliant on food, less on me, I was less hungry and felt I had more control, and lost weight then.