+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Pasta bake recipe that doesn't use store-bought sauce

Does anyone have a good pasta bake recipe that doesn't use a store-bought sauce?

I like the Leggos creamy one, but DH says it upsets his stomach. Ditto on the Dolmio.

A creamy/cheesy one would be nice, but open to any good pasta bake recipes really.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Make a cheese sauce?

Melt butter, whisk in flour, add milk then add cheese until the cheese melts. Unfortunately I don't knoe the amountz for the ingredients. It just happens.

I also do my creamy pasta sauces with white wine, carnation (is that the non sweet one?) Milk, cornflour and a touch of water. Again? No idea on amounts. Sorry. =(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I make a mix of tomato ragu ( slowly cooked tomatoes with onion , garlic, basil ) with a white cheese sauce ( butter/milk/flour/cheese ) and mix them together with the nearly cooked pasta, top with more ragu and fresh mozzarella and parm cheese and bake

Sometimes I also just put fresh ricotta in with the ragu

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

MiloMel  (29-04-2014),Mod-Degrassi  (29-04-2014)