+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Party ideas

Hi all

It's DS 3rd bday and DS1 & 2's christening so we were going to combine them.

Hit me with your easy but best party food!

Some healthy options too

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I bought platters from woolworths for dd2s christening. It was only a small gathering so I got a shaved meat platter and a BBQ chicken one, served it with a big green salad, fresh buns. So easy and everyone loved it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fruit platters are always good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Word of advice, we recently had DDs first birthday and it seemed all the more "lunchy" type foods like sandwiches, kebabs, spring rolls, pasties, veg sticks/crackers/dip/cold meats, fruit platter and Cheerios etc got eaten whilst more snacky foods like chips and lilies were surprisingly the ones left behind

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had ds1s party on the weekend.
    I did, mini pizzas (cut in half). Platter with cheese kabana cocktail onions and olives. Jatz and carrot sticks with a selection of dips. A fruit platter. Cherios with tom sauce. Anzac biscuits and shortbread. Two packets of chips. There was also mini quiches. Cupcakes. We cut the cake early so that got eaten too.

Everything but the cheese ect platter was gone. The party was in the afternoon after lunch and there was 20kids and 15adults.
    Last edited by IndigoJ; 29-04-2014 at 12:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Morning or afternoon tea times I offer homemade sausage rolls, muffins, cupcakes, crackers and cheese, chocolate crackle and honey joys.

If it's closer to lunch time I usually add veg/yoghurt/hummus, mini quiches, cheese platter, mini pizzas, curry puffs, spinach and fetta pasties, mini chicken drumsticks, homemade fish sticks or chicken nuggets.

Plus usual assortment of homemade biscuits, slices and cake.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My best adult/child party food:

Cornflake crumbed chicken drumettes
    Salmon sausage rolls
    Greek salad sticks
    Mini lamb koftas ( or meat balls)
    Mini falafel balls with tzatiki
    Peking duck lettuce cups
    Prawn brioche buns
    Prawn avocado toasts
    Bruschetta ( tomato/basil)
    Mini red onion and feta quiches
    Dip sticks ( cucumber/carrot/bread sticks in mini plastic shot glasses with dip and the bottom)

Sweet foods:

Jelly cups ( usually in theme of party)
    Fairy bread ( cut into shapes of party theme)
    Honey joys
    Choc crackles
    Fruit cups
    Pop corn
    Mars bar cars

All of the above can be made the night before and either cooked just before or that morning and just re heated before needed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mini quiches, sausage rolls, pizza pinwheels, marinated chicken wings, antipasto platter, arancini, Nutella and sultana scrolls, fruit kebabs

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love using puff pastry to make vege samosas. Make your filling by frying onion, garlic, ginger, some spices with finely diced carrot, potatoes and peas (freezer mixed veg a great cheat). Add some fresh coriander and a squeeze of lemon.
    With a sheet of puff pastry I use a small bowl to trace 4 circles, halve these to get 8 half-moon shapes, make into a cone pressing the edges to seal then spoon in filling. Seal the open edge.
    I pre-prepare these and pop in the fridge, then when ready to bake brush with egg wash and bake at 200 for 20 mins. Serve with mint yogurt. Kid tried and tested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all! Some great ideas here