+ Reply to Thread
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default 5 month old suddenly waking frequently at night

Toby is 5.5 months old now and while he's never slept through, we were in a pretty consistent pattern of waking between 2-3am for a feed and then another at 6am, which was bliss. He used to have one big block of sleep, 5.5-7.5 hours, then feed 3/4 hourly from there.

For the last week though it's been waking at 12:30, 3, 5:30 and 6:30 and it sucks!!!!

When it first started we moved him into his room as he seemed to sleep better in there for day sleeps, and I thought he might prefer the space in his cot to his bassinet in our room.

He's also started solids in the last 2 weeks (not much, a piece of carrot a day type thing).

Any ideas? Is it a sleep regression? We have just gone into the next wonder leap thing - is it that? He won't settle without boob, and has a proper feed each time.

Any tips? X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is he teething ? My dd slept through from around 2 months till 6 months when she started teething. Now at 13 months she's still a shocking sleeper and we've resorted to co sleeping

I'm due for dd3 in just over 2 weeks so I'd love to hear other peoples suggestions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    He honestly doesn't seem to be, but I guess it's a real possibility.

He ends up in bed with me by 3am. I don't expect him to sleep through but he is capable of having more than a 2
    hour block of sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've just been through this with my now 6.5 month old. His sleep turned to sh!t, waking 2 hourly! I was more exhausted than with a newborn! Anyway it went on for nearly a month &
    He is now back to 2 wakes for feeds overnight with 6-8hours between.

No advise.. We just had to ride it out & he got over it. He's still never slept a full night but we can deal with that when we get long stretches of sleep anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you just feed when he woke? That's what I'm doing but I'm worried it will become habit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Ds was the same at that age. We rode it out. I would give him his dummy first if that didnt work I bf him. Its only been in the last week we have gone back to 1/2 wakes a night. (Not to say it will be that long for you!) It is hard. We co-slept his day naps so I could rest too.

♥me & he = ds 17/9/13♥

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Did you just feed when he woke? That's what I'm doing but I'm worried it will become habit
    Robin barker (babylove) says that settling with boob is the easiest way of resettling overnight until at least 6 months so I'm going with this!

DD is 5 months this week and has been doing the same thing (it's been a very long 4 month sleep regression). She has fat gums though so I know it's because of that. I'm so exhausted I bring her in bed with me too and she then sleeps for at least 2-3hrs straight. Sorry no advice just fellow sympathy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Guess we will just have to ride the wave! He's so damn cute luckily for him

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

BeeSam  (29-04-2014)