+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was 15 weeks when I found out I was pregnant.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to our4boys For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can you feel the strings? Ask dr for an ultrasound. I know someone who fell pregnant with mirena. Only it fell out and she didn't know it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm another who has had pg symptoms with the mirena. Not pg though, thank goodness. And those symptoms did eventually go away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Everyone---
    I apologize for not getting back sooner---as my email seemed to put all the notifications that people relied into spam...and I actually signed in this morning to see if anyone had responded. . .

I did take a hpt yesterday morning, and it came back negative. (thankful for that...) However, I can't find the strings. . . and neither can my boyfriend (sorry for some tmi, but sometimes others can find them easier)

When I called my doctor, they said that the symptoms that I showed were all side effects of the Mirena itself and that you're more likely to experience them when you would be starting a new cycle. (which I am) and that the strings could very easily just be pushed upward and start to spiral (just as fishing string would)

I'm no longer experiencing most of the symptoms that I was, but I'm going to be scheduling a check up exam in the near future just to make sure that everything is where it should be...

Thank you all for your concern and input. I appreciate it!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rachellynn For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (02-05-2014),lovebeingamum!  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get very vivid dreams like it's real sometimes too...I just thought maybe it was due to eating strange things in that day, but maybe that's what it is too. lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rachellynn For This Useful Post:

Elijem  (02-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Id get it checked as soon as you can. I'm one of the minority that had the mirena perforate my uterus and end up sitting near my bowel and appendix. I had surgery to have it removed. We don't know how long it was like that but I'd had the mirena for over a year. I'd actually thought I'd had a very early miscarriage, that's why I had it checked. Very rare but better to know that alls ok

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RM05MB For This Useful Post:

rachellynn  (03-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RM05MB View Post
    Id get it checked as soon as you can. I'm one of the minority that had the mirena perforate my uterus and end up sitting near my bowel and appendix. I had surgery to have it removed. We don't know how long it was like that but I'd had the mirena for over a year. I'd actually thought I'd had a very early miscarriage, that's why I had it checked. Very rare but better to know that alls ok
    If you don't mind me asking---what symptoms did you encounter that made you go get checked...or was it just a routine check and you found it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd felt pregnant to the point of taking a pregnancy test but it was negative and the same day I got AF that was very icky, I'd thought I'd possibly had a miscarriage as it all was so unlike any period id had before, that pregnant feeling etc. Id also had pain but I had pain off and on the whole time I had it in. I booked in for a routine Pap test and asked the dr if she could check the iud and she couldn't find the strings, went for an ultrasound and they couldn't find it, told me it had fallen out, went for an X-ray and finally found it! It's unusual but better to know for peace of mind