+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm only newly pregnant but I'm already quite nervous about shedding the post baby weight. Pity I can't stop putting things in my mouth haha!!

Luckily husband is a post natal fitness trainer so hopefully he can whip me back into shape relatively quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm currently 38 weeks pregnant and my thoughts have started towards getting my body back afterwards...so I'm following along to see what I can expect! I was thinking about getting the SRC recovery shorts as well to try and help things along.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a DD who is 20 months and DS who is 5 months.

I put on about 26 kilos with my DD and lose all but 4 kilos of it before falling pregnant with DS (which was only 6 months later) I put on about 30 kilos with his pregnant and now he is 5 months i still have 10 kilos to go to be back to my weight before any children.

I am focusing hard on eating and i try and go out for a walk every day but probably ends up only being about 4/5 days a week.
    I really want to lose this 10 kilos as we would like to have another baby close but i want to loose the weight as i found it hard towards the end of pregnancy number 2 being so heavy. my shape has changed a lot and even as i lose weight i am losing it all in the middle off my breasts and tummy and have still quite big arms and legs (which can look a bit weird)

But in the end i had healthy pregnancies and healthy children so cant really complain. also i think 9 months on and 9 months off so i still got a few months to get rid of the last ten kilos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With the first it took me 18-24 months ( I gained 27 kgs) With the second it took me nearly 3,5 years ( I gained 23 kgs). It took a lot of hard work for me, exercise min 3 times a day and do a lot of walking, reduce my portion size, reduce snacking etc..Also I am 36 this year so metabolism slows down..My belly still a bit big though..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    8 months in, 2kg below my pre baby weight but shape has certainly changed. I'm actually thinking the excess around my tummy maybe skin

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I didn't get to prebaby body after #1 (60kg to 85kg, only returned to 75kg). I carried 15 extra kgs. I got back to prebaby body after ds2 (75kg to 95k). It took me 12mths, but it was an unsustainable weight (got back down to 68kg, but sit at 75kg comfortably)

Dd is 4.5mths old and I'm no where near prepreg weight. I was 75kg when I fell pregnant. Lost 5kg in the first tri. I put on 15kg with her, I got to 90kg. I'm 86.5kg at the moment. I feel horribly by the way I look. But I don't have motivation to lose the weight yet.
    Last edited by IndigoJ; 29-04-2014 at 11:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was 45kg pre pregnancy with dd1 and lost the 7kg within a week but gained 3kg when I stopped breastfeeding and that became my 'normal' weight.
    My body shape definitely changed. My hips are wider than pre baby.

I put on 10kg with dd2 (only made it to 30 weeks) and lost that within 2 weeks.

I'm still sitting at 48kg and my body shape hasn't changed between dd1 and dd2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Took me just over 12 months with DD. Other than what I lost giving birth I didn't lose any until I stopped breastfeeding at 8 months. My tummy has always been my problem area but physio helped pull all the muscles back in. When she was about 3 I got into amazing shape for my wedding and my body was better than pre-baby.

I put on a lot less with DS but lost a lot less giving birth. He's almost 11 months and I stopped breastfeeding a few weeks ago. I don't have scales at the moment but looking in the mirror and how my clothes fit the weight is falling off now after not budging for 10 months.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Took me just over 12 months with DD. Other than what I lost giving birth I didn't lose any until I stopped breastfeeding at 8 months. My tummy has always been my problem area but physio helped pull all the muscles back in. When she was about 3 I got into amazing shape for my wedding and my body was better than pre-baby.

I put on a lot less with DS but lost a lot less giving birth. He's almost 11 months and I stopped breastfeeding a few weeks ago. I don't have scales at the moment but looking in the mirror and how my clothes fit the weight is falling off now after not budging for 10 months.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I think I'm hanging onto it all from breastfeeding. Almost like my bodies way of ensuring I always have enough for bub.

Sighhhhhh it's such a struggle I wish I could be like meh I just had a baby but it's honestly been the hardest part for me about becoming a mother... How sad does that sound!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by punky View Post
    My baby is nearly 3, I'm still a few kilos above pre preg weight but I love my body so much more now. I discovered a love of weight training, this has made such a difference to my body shape. I have better abs now than before I got pregnant.

anything in particular weight training wise to get back there?