+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Post baby bodies

DD is 5 months this week and I've still got 4.5kg to go to pre pregnancy weight but it just seems like I am carrying so much more than that. It's all around my midsection (looks like a tyre!) plus on my thighs. So I was just wondering:

How long after your baby did it take you to lose your pregnancy weight?

Did you go back to the size you were before or did your body change shape?

And lastly do you like your body?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a 3.5yr old and a 23mth old.

No I have not gone back to pre baby.
    I've gone back to pre #2 but not #1. For that matter I am yet to go to pre hubby tho I do not see that happening. I'm taking this year to seriously try and get healthy before we TTC #3 late this year. My body has changed shape as in my waist is more wasteland than waistline.

I'm too awesome a cook to be thin.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My baby is nearly 3, I'm still a few kilos above pre preg weight but I love my body so much more now. I discovered a love of weight training, this has made such a difference to my body shape. I have better abs now than before I got pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Took me 9 months after my first and 18 months with my second. Felt like both times I'd just got back to my pre-pregnancy weight (and even a bit under) and I got pregnant again lol. Both planned but didn't think it would happen so quickly, I guess subconsciously I thought I'd have a bit longer to enjoy some 'nicer/skinnier' clothes :-)

I'm determined to lose it quicker after this bub (3rd and final).

My body was similar to pre-pregnancy (shape wise) except my stomach wasn't as flat. I didn't do any exercises though, so my own fault. Especially after caesareans - this time I will find the time!

I don't think I've ever been happy with my body, or ever will be. But it could be worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Took about 15 months for me to get down to a couple of kilo off pre preg weight, I had a lot to drop, then fell with dd2, so far it's been 11 weeks, and Im 12kg off where I was between pregnancies. my body will never be the same as before babies, I've changed shape for sure. Makes me realise I was in great shape back then and how much time i wasted worrying, i was hot !! I feel miserable about my bodies appearance now, so much so I cant imagine being naked in front of someone again.. But in saying that, I'm also aware of my bodies ability to change and be strong, and it's that I'm going to focus on to make the changes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS is 3, DD is 18 months.
    I did go back to and below pre no 1 weight. Didn't really go on a diet, was breast feeding, took about 9 months. The last 5 kg are the hardest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight 3 weeks after baby by doing nothing more than breastfeeding, however before falling pregnant I was about 5kg over being a healthy weight so it's not like I snapped back or anything.
    DS is now 9 months and I'm still about the same but look and feel bigger than my weight IYKWIM, it's definitely sitting more around my middle. I can pull on my old jeans but there's a hefty bit of muffintop overspill happening there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was very fortunate and had a flat as stomach again as soon as bub was out with no stretch marks (however not toned of course) and back to pre pregnancy weight within days/weeks. I only put on 8.5kg though with DD and am fortunate to be naturally small and have good genes. Am 26 wks pregnant now and hoping to bounce back as fast but won't stress if I don't. Sometimes I feel guilty talking to friends about it. But I have spider veins from pregnancy that I am super self conscious about instead

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was back to my pre pregnancy weight 2 months after ds was born (put on 12 kgs during pregnancy). I was breatfeeding and walking everyday. After dd (2nd pregnancy) it took about 10 months but I had put on about 30 kgs during that pregnancy but despite breastfeeding, eating well and walking everyday it took a lot longer. My body shape has changed a lot after both pregnancies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I returned to pre-baby size probably about 8 weeks after having DS. I credit the fact that I was producing enormous amounts of breastmilk to burning up my calories. I also only made it to 31 weeks with my pregnancy, so I don't think it's fair to compare with a woman who went full term.

I did go back to the size I was. I am now a bit bigger though. I tend to fluctuate though, and have done so all my adult life. I have a little more padding around the waist, but that's always been my problem zone.

I'm fine with my body. I don't love it, but I'm comfortable. When I start having problems fitting into my pants, it gives me a gentle wake-up call to start being more sensible with my eating again and I trim back down.