+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I was so pro-smacking before I had a baby of my own and thought parents who didn't smack would end up with jail bird children. Now I look at her when she's emptying her 3rd tissue box for the day or throwing her food across the room and think, how could I possibly intentionally hurt her?! There may come a time when she's older that a tap on the back of the hand is warranted but now I'm certainly more interested in verbal discipline than physical!
    I couldn't have written this better myself!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That expressing when I went back to work would be easy and I'd never need to use formula. LOL!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thought my brother and sil were weird for cosleeping...well now so am I and the kids are 4.5 and 3.

Would not have fussy eaters and will not scream at them for not eating . Also they would eat veggies and not chips and nuggets.

Would not use bribery to toilet train.

Being a sahm is easier than working. Not true in my case esp when the kids were younger.

I am sure there are plenty more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That I wouldn't use the tv to babysit my child while I got some things done (or a quiet cuppa!).

That my chidlren wouldn't end up with everything that opens and shuts all emblazoned with the one children's TV show logo/images.

Thankfully this belief I dropped before even TTC when my neice was born and I watched my organised, professional SIL struggle to get a shower in some days but I believed that there was no need to have stressful times with a child/baby, I had managed whole teams of people with tight deadlines and high stress environments, organising life with a child would be a piece of cake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I judged full time working parents (where both worked full time) who had let the house cleaning go (like a little bit grotty). My opinion was that they were just lazy, rather than just didn't prioritise housework. I have been working full time for over a year now (was made redundant 2 weeks ago but am job seeking now), and sometimes it's a choice between cleaning the bathroom and spending quality time with the kids. I do eventually get the housework done, but there are times when yeah, it's a bit messy and the vanity needs a good clean. But after working all day, cooking dinner, cleaning up dishes, putting a load of washing on, hanging a load out, putting a load of washing away (that's daily when we have all 5 kids)...well excuse me if I just want to have a cuddle on the couch with DP before we fall into bed and get up to do it all again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh and pre kids I thought that kids had tantrums because the parents couldn't control them *hangs head in shame*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wasn't going to.use a dummy. That lasted two weeks.

Want going to breastfeed past two. Ds2 is almost 3, and I'm tandem feeding him and 4mth old dd.
    Last edited by IndigoJ; 29-04-2014 at 10:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    mostly just the food thing. I was sure I wouldn't give my kids anything other than healthy natural home made foods.
    Now they eat whatever I'm eating regardless of what that is, and I made home made purees like twice ever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really had no idea what life with a child would be like, and was aware of it! I'm sure I must have made some judgements like those above, but they mustn't have seemed that important to me as I can only remember one: no way would my child be sleeping in my bed, just because they wanted to! Send them back to bed and be consistent about it! DD (19 months) doesn't ever sleep in our bed, but I can certainly understand now that there are many reasons why people may give in or even want kids to share their beds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    That I would stay at home until my kids were in school and then only work school hours

I would never be a single mum

I would love doing crafty stuff with my children and never want to be away from them.

I would always have clean immaculate children who bathe 2 times a day and are never dirty.

I would never let my children wear crocs instead of sensible shoes

I would never use childcare

I would breastfeed for at least 12 months but preferably 2 years.

My children would never run off in shops.

I was highly delusional.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (29-04-2014),sockstealingpoltergeist  (29-04-2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast