+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    +1 to every single freakin one of these! God I was such an opinionated b!tch! Motherhood has taught me that if someone is doing something that on the surface I disapprove of, they've usually got a damn good reason for doing so....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That I wouldn't co sleep - that's probably my biggest thing and we did it for around 4 months and loved it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That my child would never crack it in public.
    That I wouldn't let her have mountains of toys. A workman one day asked DH how many kids we had & was surprised that it was 1.
    Pink would be banned. (I can still just blame MIL for this one )
    I wouldn't need to use bribery. Ahahaha that lasted long...although to put a positive spin on it DD is learning negotiation skills.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No sugar until 2. She made it to around 7months (she's a scavenger and still is!).
    No junk food in general, which would work if I didn't eat it. But she's not stupid and knows I eat it and always makes me share.
    I would wear the pants (which is why previous post doesn't work).

I hear so many of my childless friends saying stuff like this. I can't wait to see their reality check, I'm going to enjoy it immensely. One was going on about not dressing girls in pink and telling them they're smart, rather than beautiful. My DDs are beautiful, of course I will tell them that. They will know they are smart too. And good luck avoiding pink!!

I guess it's like a previous poster said, who would this kids have a mind of their own!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    When I was a teenager, I was walking with my dad saw a kid with a harness and said something like "ugh that's disgusting, I'm glad you never did anything like that to me!"

............dad was like... "welll... actually.... "

...it got worse because it ended with "you know that rope we use to tie up the dogs?" 0.0

But he did explain that I walked at 9 months, and they took me camping between a road and a river, so unless someone was actively in charge to following me, they had me tied with the dogs rope, with a few meters to run around, to the tow ball of the car.

Suddenly cute plush toy back packs don't look so bad
    This made me snort! Lots of people talking about the leashes- I haven't used one yet due to being afraid of judgement but ds is a runner and I think it's only a matter of time before i cave! Has everyone read this:
    http://www.scarymommy.com/a-letter-t...ild-less-self/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, much less judgmental and heaps more empathy now since becoming a Mother.
    When friends bish about people's choices or Fb statuses etc i usually just respond with "you know, that's just 5 minutes out of a life time we don't know what happened before that to get to that one small moment- we all have 'moments' we we wish we could un-have"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to made2bAmummy For This Useful Post:

IvyRain  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was so pro-smacking before I had a baby of my own and thought parents who didn't smack would end up with jail bird children. Now I look at her when she's emptying her 3rd tissue box for the day or throwing her food across the room and think, how could I possibly intentionally hurt her?! There may come a time when she's older that a tap on the back of the hand is warranted but now I'm certainly more interested in verbal discipline than physical!

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (29-04-2014),LaDiDah  (29-04-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (29-04-2014),Tattereds  (29-04-2014),Wise Enough  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox in Sox View Post
    I always though that once a child was walking, there was NO excuse to use a pram/stroller. Just Mums being lazy, I thought, and encouraging their kids to be lazy.

We still use it almost every time we go out with Miss-5-in-June. Now she has Down syndrome and because of that, gets tired more quickly and also due to cognitive delays/memory issues/attention issues, is pretty uncontrollable when she's walking.

BUT, I also used up until about 2ish with #1 child and about 4ish with #2 child.
    I was at the Easter show this year and heard a few teenage girls behind me, commenting on a mum who had a child ...I'm guessing about 4 or 5 years old in a pram.

"I hate seeing kids that big in prams"
    "So lazy"
    "I'll never do that with my kids, I'll make them walk"

Oh how I laughed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    That I would never have a fussy child. All was going well with that one until the universe threw me a curve ball in the way of a child with SPD and serious food issues. It all came crashing down then!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    That I'd never give an iPhone to my DD as a distraction.
    That I'd sleep when DD slept (haha right)
    That I'd BF until 6 months (I got to 7 before getting really sick and losing my supply, I was gutted)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast