+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    When I was a teenager, I was walking with my dad saw a kid with a harness and said something like "ugh that's disgusting, I'm glad you never did anything like that to me!"

............dad was like... "welll... actually.... "

...it got worse because it ended with "you know that rope we use to tie up the dogs?" 0.0

But he did explain that I walked at 9 months, and they took me camping between a road and a river, so unless someone was actively in charge to following me, they had me tied with the dogs rope, with a few meters to run around, to the tow ball of the car.

Suddenly cute plush toy back packs don't look so bad

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (28-04-2014),Atropos  (28-04-2014),Bennos Mummy  (29-04-2014),Bubintummy  (29-04-2014),Cue  (28-04-2014),Elijem  (28-04-2014),HippyGirl85  (29-04-2014),IvyRain  (28-04-2014),JR03  (29-04-2014),LaDiDah  (28-04-2014),Laydeebugxxx  (29-04-2014),Lumpy Melon  (28-04-2014),MilkingMaid  (28-04-2014),Monkeyface1  (29-04-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (28-04-2014),scarymarygoldfish  (29-04-2014),Smyles  (28-04-2014),Whirligig  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That a baby would 'fit' into my life. Nothing would change. Lol.
    No child of mine would eat packaged food.
    I would still have an active social life.
    Not to mention sex life.

All crap. Not of the above is true nowadays!

As a single mum I plan on working on the sex life!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh so many!

* I would never co-sleep
    * I would always vaxx as per the schedule
    * I would never homebirth
    * I would never give them junk food/lollies
    * I would never bribe them
    * I would never be the shouty yelly Mum

I probably have quite a few more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Before having DD I naively believed that:

- I would never formula feed because "almost every woman can breastfeed" (now I know plenty of women can't)

- I would cook all baby food and not use packaged food.

- I wouldn't need to use Childcare and would love being a SAHM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I guess the only things I was even aware of or judgy about before DS were the big two:

public tantrums, and breastfeeding beyond babyhood.

I'm still a little bit judgy about the two if I'm being honest, but am more understanding for sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That my kids would follow OUR rules and they would never throw tantrums etc.

If they were naughty they would get a damn good hiding... I did, I turned out fine...

And that there was no way I would run to them every time they cried, I was going to ignore it and they would learn.

What a loser I was!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That I would have a clean house and amazing dinners cooked every night for hubby I even remember selling him on this one.. Well Ha!

That my baby would sleep anywhere anytime without rocking or help. Turns out she has a mind of her own. Go figure...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't think of anything in particular... but becoming a mother has changed me so much and made me so much more tolerant and unjudgmental as a person in general. Motherhood has reminded me how absolutely imperfect I am and how I will do pretty much anything to get my child to sleep or to stop tantruming. If I see a mother with a kid that is misbehaving or having a meltdown ...all I think of is.... I am so glad its not me and that poor mum deserves a bloody medal for not totally losing her ****..

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Fashionvictim  (28-04-2014),IvyRain  (29-04-2014),Smyles  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    I thought breastfeeding beyond 2 years was gross and weird.
    Me too

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Haha great thread! I can relate to almost every post, there are so many things I had no idea about!

I swore I'd never formula feed and can remember even at my Ob appointments when I was nearly due watching a new mum prepare formula for her newbie and being SO judgmental in my head. Little did I know in a few short months I would be the new Mum formula feeding after trying desperately to breast feed and failing.

I had this completely insane idea that it would all be so easy. I'd have a calm natural birth and then be an Earth Mother who breast fed and cooked home made organic meals every day with plenty of 'me time' to spare. My child would never have tantrums in public. My house would still be immaculate because I wouldn't be one of 'those' people who let my child take over my house. My whole house now looks like a shrine to DD with baby toys and equipment almost everywhere I look.

I'd look at parents whose children were out of control and just shake my head and think that will never be me... Here I am 15 months later with the toddler throwing herself backwards in the dirt at the playground having the mother of all tantrums and all I can do is wait it out.

Oh my favourite, I'd never be one of those parents who ditched their childless friends after having a baby, I mean how hard can it be popping the baby in the pram and heading out for a nice dinner right!

Honestly I must've been delusional. I look back now and just think what an idiot I was; thankfully I have well and truly learnt my lesson and now when a judgmental thought crosses my mind I just remind myself that I have no freaking idea.