+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The thing is with stationary bikes, they are a great starter piece of equip but when using my heart rate monitor (accurate, not the one on the bike) i burnt less than half the calories in the same amount of time. In the beginning transitioning into exercise it was fine, and i lost weight but it didnt last long before i needed something else (elliptical) which kick started everything again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm considering a cheap one from eBay or gum tree. Sometimes the hire price ends up mounting to be the cost of a new one or decent second hand one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    The thing is with stationary bikes, they are a great starter piece of equip but when using my heart rate monitor (accurate, not the one on the bike) i burnt less than half the calories in the same amount of time. In the beginning transitioning into exercise it was fine, and i lost weight but it didnt last long before i needed something else (elliptical) which kick started everything again.
    Yes, I agree. I would never recommend just doing the one exercise. I usually do a mixture at the gym and use the bike as an extra when trying to lose the baby weight - home exercise equipment particularly helpful when kids are sick and can't get out. Our bike is currently holding the kids hats whilst I'm utd!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    1398826783713.jpg
    Sorry this isn't meant to put you off but I saw this on the Internet and made me think of this thread
    Sent from my SM-N9007 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Funnels For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are loads on bss pages and gumtree, definitely the way to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I bought mine off ebay. I think it was about $500? Came with a 5 year warranty and I haven't had any issues with it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm a big walker but due to the humid wet season we have here I bought a treadmill, it's an industrial one as I didn't want cheap rubbish that wouldn't last. I use it all the time. Dh has his gym also so we don't need motivation as we have always enjoyed our exercise.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a treadmill. It's just buried in other stuff in my office. I just cannot get the motivation to use it. I've tried but nothing beats being outside for me. I also find I get so bored on a treadmill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Harvestmoon what type of treadmill did you buy? I've seen some cheap ones on eBay but the only have a 1 year warranty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by M2O84 View Post
    Harvestmoon what type of treadmill did you buy? I've seen some cheap ones on eBay but the only have a 1 year warranty.

It's called Lifespan. I bought it back in 2012 though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app