+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Where do I rent them from? (Melbourne)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, I hired mine through Ezy Gym- not sure if they were the most economical option, but I was always happy with their service. If you book for 6 months, you get the 7th month free and that would take you almost up til Xmas.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Is it expensive little riv??

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    we got one but still run outside more than we use it. Only get one if ur already a runner..if u dont and are using it to motivate you it wont. sorry
    We got ours on a payment plan. from GoFit. $37 a fortnight for 3years ! i regret it cos we are still paying for it and never using it...only in winter really.
    I still enjoy outside walking and running much more because there is so much to see and experience ...on a treadmill u get bored really quick! even if ur watchin tv or reading a magazine...its so bloody boring! so u dont spend long on a treadmill as of u were walking outside because if u walk outside you have to get home! but on a treadmill ur already at home so I tend to stop when i get bored or cant be bothered anymore. lol
    Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by MrsHoward; 29-04-2014 at 19:02.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsHoward For This Useful Post:

Funnels  (29-04-2014),Zombie_eyes  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought one and SWORE I'd use it... Used it a handful of times max, then sold it on gumtree a few years down the track.

I do way better running outside or going to a gym class.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Colbie For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (29-04-2014)

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbie View Post

I do way better running outside or going to a gym class.
    SAME !

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zombie, you can rent from $130 for 3 months, or $260 for 7 months, and prices go up from there. I found it value for money due to convenience of it esp having 3 kidlets at home and not being able to leave the house, also it was lower impact than pounding the pavement when I was recovering from bad pelvis/back SPD issues.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I use mine, I got it super cheap off my buy swap sell page. I prefer running outside, but I like to use it for intervals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We rented one years ago (melbourne), I was heading overseas in a few months and quit the gym. I got it for 3 months and they delivered and picked it up again. It made me realise I didn't use it heaps, so we glad to return it. When dh and I got married we moved suburbs and away from the gym we'd gone to pre wedding. We bought an elliptical trainer mostly because of the low impact. It's good but whenever I tried to use it during the day it's a magnet for babies and toddlers! So nighttime is the only time really and we tend to want to collapse on the couch. I need to get moving though so this had reminded me to start again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just as a side consideration...have you considered getting an exercise bike instead. A good one that is comfy and physically fits well when ticking the legs over (I don't know why but there are some bikes on the market that are awkward to ride). Bikes are generally cheaper than treadmills, less impact on knees, can still do high cardio, yet fit into a smaller space. I would recommend fitting it into your room with the tv - that way you can ride and watch at the same time.