+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Treadmill

I am thinking of buying a treadmill for Dh and I to walk/jog on at night once the kids are asleep.
    We've got no motivation to head outdoors after work and after the kids are in bed 😟 (obviously one would stay home)
    Does anyone own one? What do you think?
    Any pros/ cons before choosing?

Dh has to loose 15-20kg also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same idea! Now it sits in the living room with its judgmental stare whilst it gathers dust!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookiemum View Post
    I had the same idea! Now it sits in the living room with its judgmental stare whilst it gathers dust!
    I hang clothes over mine so I don't see it judging me

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

#Mama  (28-04-2014),MrsHoward  (29-04-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (09-05-2014)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Lol!! Girls!

Yeah my mum has one, she goes through bursts of motivation and uses it. But then drops off entirely, Because it does get very boring.

If you get one maybe do the couch to 5k program and learn to run?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all, I have rented one for 6 months (twce) and it was great for getting into exercise- I was on mat leave with 3 kids so going out to the gym/ running wasn't really possible... I rented a good quality one that had levels/ inclines and built in programs. 15 mins on an interval program and that was enough for me each day. DH, who is a seasoned runner, used it a lot too. Ours was in the garage connected to the house and I used to use it once or twice a day and DH maybe 3 times a week. I liked the complete convenience of it. After 6 months, the job was done (lol) and we returned it as I had lost weight and DH now has a gym at work. I try and go for a walk to and from the shops or a quick jog around the block if DH is at home, but the treadmill was excellent while we had it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookiemum View Post
    Bahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    1398658114959.jpg
    This is my view atm. Obligatory washing on treadmill.

I got it about 6 months ago and used it daily for a while then I got a gym membership so now it's only used about once a week. I still like it though. Plug my music in and zone out for a while. Got it for $400 on Gumtree. Make sure you get a decent quality one with incline and program options otherwise it will be a pain to use.

Agree with previous advice to follow a learn to run program. Gives you some focus and motivation.

Sent from my SM-N9007 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    I am thinking of buying a treadmill for Dh and I to walk/jog on at night once the kids are asleep.
    We've got no motivation to head outdoors after work and after the kids are in bed ������ (obviously one would stay home)
    Does anyone own one? What do you think?
    Any pros/ cons before choosing?

Dh has to loose 15-20kg also.
    I have one and I will admit I go through phases when I use it a lot, or never use it at all. I am in the stage of never using it at all. Its in our spare room so if I shut the door, I can't see it taunting me!

When I do use it, I do it at night when DD is in bed and it does come in handy. I also agree its probably good to start one of the Apps to keep you motivated to use it, either 5k or 10k one.

My mum had a really good one which she gave us so I didn't have to choose it. But probably choose one that has springs in it if you are going to run on it and is a bit larger (if for running).

There are probably tonnes on Gumtree for sale as well, if you didn't want the huge outlay of a brand new one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have one and use it for 30 mins a day. It's set up in the lounge room, so I turn on the TV and watch a 30min program while I walk/run. After the program is over it's all done for the day. Makes it go quicker that way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Mine is another dust gatherer. I go through bursts of motivation at times and will use it for 30 mins per day. It never lasts though. I find I'm too tired, busy, or it's just a PITA to use as then the kids whinge and whinge about having ago.

I guess at least if your DH and you are both on board, you can motivate each other to use it. Maybe renting one for 6 months first might be a good idea and give you an indication of how often you will use it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app