+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default ex wanting to take kids on holiday- how do people do this?

My ex wants to take our three children aged two, three and five back to the uk for a holiday this September (family event)

He is from the uk

he would be travelling with his new partner (my ex friend) and her two kids aged 4 and 7.

They are planning to go for two weeks

we had a very bitter split as I was pregnant at the time of his affair with my so called friend and our baby was born 10 weeks early and subsequently died.

lots of medical issues and the stress I was under because of the two of them was unbelievable

I have the kids passports.

I guess have to let them go i'm not sure how I wil cope tho- worried about them as I have been only constant in their lives

any advice?

I

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmmmm, I know this might not be a popular opinion but I wouldn't be letting them go. They are far too young to be so far away from you for an extended period of time.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cluckcluck For This Useful Post:

Dreamer1  (28-04-2014),LoCo  (29-04-2014),mixinitup  (03-05-2014),MummbearPapabearNCubs  (28-04-2014),Sethysmum  (03-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DS has been to New Zealand three times (each 2+ weeks) with my ex who is from there. First time it was hard not seeing him so long but I've gotten used to it. Before I had DD I actually loved the huge child free break, I went on a holiday to our family's beach house and had a great time. You'll be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh and DS was 3 first time, he was fine, not too young.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How old are the kids?

My XH is taking DD1 who will soon be 7 overseas for a holiday in october for 10days.

I have ok'd it on the proviso that i have details & numbers of flights, hotel and an approx itinerary of each day plus skype calls each morning & evening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you their primary carer? Have they spent time away from you for this long before?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    How old are the kids?

My XH is taking DD1 who will soon be 7 overseas for a holiday in october for 10days.

I have ok'd it on the proviso that i have details & numbers of flights, hotel and an approx itinerary of each day plus skype calls each morning & evening.
    Wow, that's a heck of a lot of contact :/

I never speak to DS when he's overseas with my exH. Partly because they're too busy, and also I think it would make him more upset to hear my voice. He just has a great time and apparently doesn't even ask for me when he's gone. I think talking to him would be too disruptive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nz is a lot closer than the UK.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would recommend getting some legal advice and drawing up an agreement by which you are given a copy of the itinerary and specified times to contact and speak with the children via Skype or phone.

I would be getting a copy of their passports and also the return tickets etc. just to be on the safe side.

You never know what ppl are thinking sometimes and it's tragic and awful but it's not impossible for things to go pear shaped overseas. You want to know where you children are at all times.

Do you have an order in place? Or visitation agreement? I don't know what the legal side of things states in regards to 'having to allow' such a trip. It's also a long time for a young child to be absent from their main care giver (which I'm assuming you are)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cluckcluck View Post
    Nz is a lot closer than the UK.
    Actual location is kind of irrelevant really, they're still overseas.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (28-04-2014)