+ Reply to Thread

Default Sleep issues at Week 24

I am not sure if this is normal so I am asking for opinions here. About 2 weeks ago my bub was on a wake up routine like this: 1.30, 2.30, 4.30, 5.30, 6.30am
    In the day he was difficult as well (generally) I later found that this was a fussy stage (wonder weeks) and eventually he slept better again

We were already on a pumpkin puree at 6pm everyday but for personal reasons I am stopping them and will be back on pure breastfeeding until he is 6months. His last feed is usually 6-7pm and he will naturally want to sleep at about 7.30pm-8pm.

He woke up 1.30am, 3am, 4, 5, 6am. He usually sleeps again after feeding

He looks fine in the day and have 2 naps generally one hour in the morning and 2-3hrs in the afternoon.

I think last night my husband gave him dreamfeed at 9.30pm but he was screaming. He woke up at 2am for a feed.

I guess my question is is it normal to be waking up so frequently at night at 24 weeks? I don't think its another growth spurt as he appears ok in the day (or maybe because I don't fully monitor him as my relative is taking care of him partly)

I notice he doesn't feed as frequently in the day, sometimes up to 3 hours before the next feed. I sometimes offer him but he doesnt take much either, more curious to play or see or do something else. I have heard that if they don't eat enough in the day they wake up lots at night to get their food intake?

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    They do- it's called reverse cycling.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD was exactly the same at at 24 weeks. She will be 26 weeks this Friday but in the last few nights just gone back to waking only 3rd hourly.