+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Interesting reading the replies... Me children don't go to daycare, s but dd has severe asthma, so a common cold often lands her in hospital and sick for about a fortnight, with very very scary breathing issues. When I contemplated returning to work this year, her health was the main thing that stpped me, I feel like I am unable to trust sending her to daycare, because of the sick kids. When she starts school, I'm holping she ewill be able to deal with ill.ess better - otherwise I will be having a LOT of time off work, and her time off of school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Sorry but it's ridiculous to compare the common cold with something like measles or meningitis.

Nuts are dangerous/lethal to a small proportion of people. It doesn't mean they are inherently dangerous/poisonous, as awful and scary as it must be to those affected.

There are scales/severity of illnesses and the common cold is right down the bottom.

It's unrealistic to expect people not to leave the house if they have a cold because they might hospitalise someone.
    Common cold is dangerous/lethal to small proportion of people too esp people like my child. All I am trying to do is to raise awareness to people who don't stop and think that maybe they should somewhat have some consideration of others. They send their child to daycare/school while their child has a cold so they don't miss work.. A child like mine contracts its & winds up in hospital for anywhere up to a week or more depending on severity. What makes them not missing work more important then me missing work and paying my bills & my child being hospitalized and struggling to breath due to a common cold. Pffft some people can be small minded and self centred.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it's clear and they don't have a temp it's okay but I keep mine home if their snot is yellow or green! Most kids have snotty noses at this time of the year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If ds has a runny nose and that is all he will go to daycare. Won't send him with a cough, high temp or conjunctivitis.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearCrystal View Post
    Common cold is dangerous/lethal to small proportion of people too esp people like my child. All I am trying to do is to raise awareness to people who don't stop and think that maybe they should somewhat have some consideration of others. They send their child to daycare/school while their child has a cold so they don't miss work.. A child like mine contracts its & winds up in hospital for anywhere up to a week or more depending on severity. What makes them not missing work more important then me missing work and paying my bills & my child being hospitalized and struggling to breath due to a common cold. Pffft some people can be small minded and self centred.
    I think that's a bit rough. Isn't a cold contagious before symptoms even start?

I agree that if a child is visibly unwell and contagious, they belong at home. But there is no way you can keep every child with a runny nose away from society!

I would have had to keep my kids at home from the age of 1 to 3 if that was the case.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

babyla  (28-04-2014),GrabbyCrabby  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If DS has a slight runny clear nose, then I will send him. But anything more than that i wont. He is an ex premmie so when he gets sick it goes straight to his lungs and he starts to suffer asthma reactions. I just can not believe how often DS is sick since going to daycare. Its really getting the better of me because my work is coming down pretty hard on me about needing time off. It just can't be helped though, my sons health and well being is my number one priority and i just wish they respected that.

I am also feeling very frustrated with all the sick kids at DS's daycare. One moring when i called them up to say DS won't be making it in they told me I am the only responsible parent there that keeps their son home when he's not well, and they thanked me!

It didn't sit well with me. It didn't make me feel good. It made me feel upset actually that no matter how much i try, there are so many other parents that just don't give a crap.

Once no.2 is born the plan is to get a part time night shift job and not use daycare anymore for my children.
    Last edited by Serenity Love; 28-04-2014 at 15:32.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Serenity Love For This Useful Post:

ClearCrystal  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If my son is sick I don't send him to Childcare. (I know if he is not himself) Main reason is that if he is sick he needs one on one care not seven to one care. I would hate to think of my baby suffering with illness and not receiving care thankfully he does not get sick very often maybe once or twice a year

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub appw

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with Clearcrystal on this, my son is a healthy 21 month old and because some idiot decided that they should go out whilst sick my son contracted their illness, now for an adult it presents as a cold but in a child they get much sicker, we ended up in hospital and he ended up with parainfluenza A and croup. If you had to sit there and watch as my son could not swallow his own spit not stay awake for longer than 30 seconds most of the time then watch as Drs pinned him down to take blood from him and pin him down to take X-rays to rule out certain illnesses then watch as he is trying to scream but can't because his airways are to swollen from croup. They also had to force a mask onto his face to get adrenalin in him then pump him with steroids which then sent him into fits of rage that lasted over an hour plus being injected with antibiotics and Nurofen, lets see how you feel about sending your sick child to daycare or school or sit on a plane whilst sick after witnessing that because let me tell you it was absolutely traumatizing to witness and all because some selfish *** thought it was ok to go near people whilst sick. When people come to work sick I always let them know how selfish they are, why the hell should I have to have days off and lose my pay because you came to work sick. I just don't get people's mentality.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angels4me For This Useful Post:

ClearCrystal  (28-04-2014),LoCo  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey amyd, ur getting drs ok to send ur kids back to daycare, I think you are responsible. A lot wouldn't bother. Daycare is a germ fest, everybody knows that. It sucks but daycare sickness is always going to happen. Germs are everywhere else too. And I feel for the parents who wouldn't afford to be able to take all these days off work with runny noses. Then they wouldn't be able to feed their families and might need "handouts" then they would be roasted for that too. You can't win either way.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dollypops For This Useful Post:

amyd  (28-04-2014),GrabbyCrabby  (01-05-2014),Meld85  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Angels4me View Post
    I'm with Clearcrystal on this, my son is a healthy 21 month old and because some idiot decided that they should go out whilst sick my son contracted their illness, now for an adult it presents as a cold but in a child they get much sicker, we ended up in hospital and he ended up with parainfluenza A and croup. If you had to sit there and watch as my son could not swallow his own spit not stay awake for longer than 30 seconds most of the time then watch as Drs pinned him down to take blood from him and pin him down to take X-rays to rule out certain illnesses then watch as he is trying to scream but can't because his airways are to swollen from croup. They also had to force a mask onto his face to get adrenalin in him then pump him with steroids which then sent him into fits of rage that lasted over an hour plus being injected with antibiotics and Nurofen, lets see how you feel about sending your sick child to daycare or school or sit on a plane whilst sick after witnessing that because let me tell you it was absolutely traumatizing to witness and all because some selfish *** thought it was ok to go near people whilst sick. When people come to work sick I always let them know how selfish they are, why the hell should I have to have days off and lose my pay because you came to work sick. I just don't get people's mentality.
    Finally someone who actually understands.