+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    so maybe there is another possible reason ppl do it..my DH's reason was "she was ok this morning"......mmmmm my husband has a dreadful lack of knowledge about medical stuff......however i explicity told him to not send her if she had a temp or was coughing...did he take her temp this morning?...no!..so can plain DUMB be added to the list.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think sometimes it can be a genuine accident when a parent does it, but then other times they know exactly what they're doing.

I know exactly which child DS caught his gastro from last year. When i dropped him off, there was a little boy bawling his eyes out, white as a ghost.... he was completely distressed. I said to the workers "he doesn't look well" and they just shrugged!

And whaddya know ... 24hrs later DS was vomiting his guts up. I was so annoyed. Whenever I see the parents of that poor child that was so distressed they don't even look you in the eye. I am pretty sure they know full well what they have been doing, as i am yet to see that kid not sick with something. I so want to say something as well because i feel for their little kid.

On the other hand, maybe because i have sent DS with clear runny nose maybe I am a unintentional scum bag parent?

Ill be more mindful of DS's runny nose.... there have been a few times though where it hasn't turned out to be anything. So it's a tough call to make.

I think we might all have to just accept it is what it is. I am going to try and not let it get me down anymore. Just gotta roll with the punches.

Other than the illnesses, DS thrives in daycare.
    Last edited by Serenity Love; 29-04-2014 at 11:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Angels4me View Post
    I'm with Clearcrystal on this, my son is a healthy 21 month old and because some idiot decided that they should go out whilst sick my son contracted their illness, now for an adult it presents as a cold but in a child they get much sicker, we ended up in hospital and he ended up with parainfluenza A and croup. If you had to sit there and watch as my son could not swallow his own spit not stay awake for longer than 30 seconds most of the time then watch as Drs pinned him down to take blood from him and pin him down to take X-rays to rule out certain illnesses then watch as he is trying to scream but can't because his airways are to swollen from croup. They also had to force a mask onto his face to get adrenalin in him then pump him with steroids which then sent him into fits of rage that lasted over an hour plus being injected with antibiotics and Nurofen, lets see how you feel about sending your sick child to daycare or school or sit on a plane whilst sick after witnessing that because let me tell you it was absolutely traumatizing to witness and all because some selfish *** thought it was ok to go near people whilst sick. When people come to work sick I always let them know how selfish they are, why the hell should I have to have days off and lose my pay because you came to work sick. I just don't get people's mentality.
    That made me cry.. ur poor baby..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jfblady72 View Post
    so maybe there is another possible reason ppl do it..my DH's reason was "she was ok this morning"......mmmmm my husband has a dreadful lack of knowledge about medical stuff......however i explicity told him to not send her if she had a temp or was coughing...did he take her temp this morning?...no!..so can plain DUMB be added to the list.
    And maybe not just plain dumb. I know that in the mornings my kids don't get stripped off completely when I get them dressed. It would be easy for me to miss the beginnings of a rash.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds now goes to family day care and they r very strict on sickness. . Even a clear runny nose os boarder line. Ds hasnt got sick since being theee. When he was at general day care centre he was always unwell.
    I get the guilts calling into work sick for ds.. but in the end its whats best for everyone. Would be so peeved to know ds caught gastro or worse from a kid at daycare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kim85 View Post
    That made me cry.. ur poor baby..
    It still makes me cry whenever I think of it and whenever I talk about it, it was truly the worst experience of my life. I'm a first time mum and never realized your heart could hurt so much watching your child go through something like that :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just before the school hols (and the day before we were due to go away), DH got a call from daycare asking him to pick up our son because he had a temperature. DH said of course, can I come in an hour or do you want me to come immediately? They told him to come immediately or they'd call an ambulance. DS ended up being fine - didn't actually come down with anything. A week later, the day before Good Friday, I picked my kids up and there was the usual range of babies and toddlers with hacking coughs and snot ********* down their faces. But there was one girl who'd been stripped to her undies and was lying on a mattress outside, feverish and coughing up a lung, while a carer occasionally mopped her brow and the other kids played around her. Where were her parents?? Where was the ambulance?? I was pretty cheesed off, especially when my own healthy kids promptly came down with colds and coughs two days later. That's the kind of parent that annoys me - that child was clearly ill, but the parents weren't in any hurry to collect her. She shouldn't have been there at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tikigirl View Post
    Just before the school hols (and the day before we were due to go away), DH got a call from daycare asking him to pick up our son because he had a temperature. DH said of course, can I come in an hour or do you want me to come immediately? They told him to come immediately or they'd call an ambulance. DS ended up being fine - didn't actually come down with anything. A week later, the day before Good Friday, I picked my kids up and there was the usual range of babies and toddlers with hacking coughs and snot ********* down their faces. But there was one girl who'd been stripped to her undies and was lying on a mattress outside, feverish and coughing up a lung, while a carer occasionally mopped her brow and the other kids played around her. Where were her parents?? Where was the ambulance?? I was pretty cheesed off, especially when my own healthy kids promptly came down with colds and coughs two days later. That's the kind of parent that annoys me - that child was clearly ill, but the parents weren't in any hurry to collect her. She shouldn't have been there at all.
    Maybe the parent was on their way?

Thanks
    Reviews
    This kind of scenario stresses me out because I generally can't be contacted once I'm at work so if my dd suddenly got sick and dh was out of phone range this could happen to us. (Hopefully it never does tho) So maybe this child's parents were in a similar situation? Surely no parent would leave such a sick child at daycare on purpose? That would be horrible. As for ur daycare threatening to call an ambulance.. Did they explain why? It seems extreme if ur child wasn't really ill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe her parents were on their way but worked a while away? Or they couldn't be contacted temporarily?

I know it would take me close to 2 hours to get back to pick up my kids if I got a phone call that they were sick. Not ideal I know. I hope that my DH or my dad are closer but that's not always the case.