+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There's no set normal, it's whatever is normal for YOUR baby. There's actually a movement here in the UK, a charity called Count the Kicks (pop them in google or Facebook, they have great info, they also have an app) which is trying to change health care providers mind set of telling women things like '10 kicks,' etc. If you notice a change in whatever is normal for your baby then you should head to the hospital. A decrease in movement or a sudden increase. Don't ever worry about being paranoid or looking 'silly.'

I know it's hard to tell sometimes, but if you feel something is different than get checked. It's better to be safe and get that peace of mind than to leave it too long.

Sorry, unfortunately things like this are now my world so I'm really passionate about the right info being out there.

Things like '10 movements in two hours' is just too general. For my DS that definitely would have been abnormal. He was a wiggle worm!
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 26-06-2014 at 01:43.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (26-06-2014),TheGooch  (26-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Here's their website: http://countthekicks.org.uk

I also recommend 'liking' them on Facebook as they're always posting helpful info.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (26-06-2014),TheGooch  (26-06-2014)

TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks heaps! It's that whole 10 in 2 hours thing that gets me. Sometimes bub does but then won't move at all for hours.
    I woke up early this morning and in the last hour bub has probably given me 7-8 kicks or movements. They're not hard though.
    I'm quite overweight and my placenta is at the front so I know those can change how things feel but as this is my first, I freak out a bit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh I hate that 10 in 2 hours thing as well, all it does is make me freak out if bubby did 7 kicks instead of 10. I think its stupid.

Im still no closer to figuring out the movement patterns for my baby as they seem to change constantly, but I just figure if I feel some movement each day the baby must be fine & thats the view the hospital seem to take as well.

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My bub will definitely have quiet days and then much more active ones.

The one thing he is consistent with is getting active when I decide to sit and meditate. Don't know why, maybe it's because my breathing is deeper and slower, but without fail he will start kicking. Could also be because my focus is directed internally, trying to eliminate all other external distractions, so I notice it more.

If you're on the go during the day I think it's pretty easy to miss feeling bub's subtle movements. For me they're not always massive kicks/punches, sometimes it's a strange scraping feeling, other times little flutters, sometimes just a bit of pressure in a certain spot, etc.

My OB didn't give me a certain number of kicks within a particular timeframe to use as a guide, just if it seems less and I'm at all concerned to get in touch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    For me there were specific times of day he was a wiggle worm and then quieter. So mornings and evenings I was guaranteed to feel him heaps and then throughout the middle of the day I'd still feel him but not like in the morning and evening. When I woke up I would usually just take a half hour continuing to lay down, read my phone or something and wait for him to wake which he usually did within 15 mins and then the next 15-30 mins that I lay there he would move heaps, definitely more than 10. In the evenings around 7 he'd always do really big movements that made me feel seasick and he also almost always got the hiccups when I'd try to fall asleep at night. I could usually also 'wake him up' or get him to move by giving him a nudge. There was twice during the day when I couldn't remember the last time I felt him and I did all my normal tricks to get him to move and also had a cold glass of water and some chocolate and laid down for a while and nothing. I went in for monitoring both those times and he ended up being fine but it was definitely worth checking and also for my peace of mind.

Check out count the kicks' site for suggestions to help you learn your baby's pattern.

The biggest bit of false info out there is that your baby's movements slow down in late pregnancy because they have less room. Very false. Their movements plateau (ie throughout your pregnancy they gradually increase and then reach a point where they peak but you do not start to experience less just the same).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (26-06-2014)