+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    You have all the things that money cant buy
    True! I'd still like some of the things it can, though

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (28-04-2014),SoThisIsLove  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Honestly I am the happiest I have ever been in my life. I am grateful everyday just to be on this beautiful earth. I'm grateful for my 3 children who I adore and love to parent. I'm grateful for my incredible husband and marriage, something I never thought possible from my life experiences. I don't have huge amounts of money or materialistic things, but I am content and extremely happy with where my life is. I always ask myself if I was to die tomorrow would I be ok with who I am and where I am and the answer to that is yes.

it hasn't always been like this for me. It has taken hard work and my saving grace of yoga to get me here (along with my amazing family). Wishing all of you love & light on your journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am. I've come a long way in life and have a huge sense of achievement and self-worth at this point. There's certain things I'm pretty stressed about at the moment but I know it's temporary and I will get there because I have proven I am highly capable to have got this far

i feel I have so much, even though (materially) I don't have much at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's important to realise that happiness is not our default state, it comes and goes throughout life for most people, it should never be taken for granted.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

MummaOJ  (28-04-2014),Renn  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As Fleetwood said, I don't think happiness is the default.

Honestly, if you look at life throughout history and across the world, suffering is the default (both for humans and other animals). That's pretty much how life works. Yet, we have a culture in which there's so much we're 'supposed' to have, or to feel. It's crazy that people can feel inadequate for not feeling happy enough, but it's the case.

For myself, I try to approach all expectations/achievements/ideas of status in the same way that I've always approached body image. Since I was about 11 years old I was aware (like pretty much everybody) that I didn't fit certain ideals of beauty. I'd feel upset or inferior because of it, but choose to ignore it. It's hard, but it's habit now to consciously ignore feelings which I know place unfair or unrealistic expectations on myself.

For others, the most effective thing I've seen with regard to happiness is gratitude. Consciously focusing on the good things, or the things which you feel lucky to have.

to everybody who needs it/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm happy with my little family I have, I'm filled with love.

Other than that I'm stressing beyond belief how we will pay our next bill, pay rent, and childcare. (dp still looking for work).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I think everyone deserves to be happy. What constitutes happy is different for different people though. I agree many people think they are supposed to have certain material things to make them happy yes, but happiness itself is something everyone should be entitled to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No im not.

I thought buying a house, new car, new things would make me happy etc but it doesnt. Im more unhappy than before. I cant decide my career and my children make me anxious.

My relationship is unhappy.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaJones View Post
    Milking maid... Huge huge hugs.

That's hard.. Especially as it's an illness and you can't control it at all.
    Loads of hugs.. I am amazed by all you have done for your boys
    Thanks, you're very sweet My headspace is much improved right now, thank goodness!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    Yes I am happy. I am stressed, have anxiety which I have never had before so do not know how to deal with it yet, I snap & do not like myself when I get like that. There are many hopes and dreams we have, goals we may never reach. However, I am very blessed and remind myself of it everyday. I just wish the light I shine on the outside could cheer me up on the inside - I hate how serious I have become.
    This is me - I have written this word for word.