+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have just moved back close to my family after almost 8 years on the other side of the country. I was so worried that the move wouldn't 'solve' my endless feeling of unhappiness. I always had positive things in my life to focus on like my kids, friends and work but could never shake the underlying homesick sadness.

But so far so good. I'm still living out of a suitcase waiting for our rental to become available, DH is now FIFO so I have to live without him for 3 weeks at a time and I have a shocker cold - but I'm so freaking happy to be back home!!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am very happy. I love my girls so much I feel like I'm about to burst. I'm a solo mum and although it's not what I pictured my life turning out like when I was younger I wouldn't change it for the world.

What happiness is and what I thought it looked like are two very different things.

Thankfully because I have an amazingly supportive family I've never been unhappy. I've been unhappy at work, but not with life.

There are things I would change that would make me happier but that's things like wishing my sister could have another baby, not in my control. Well not much anyway, I'm doing my best there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Overall I am ok. I don't really have anything to complain about. I have healthy kids, dh and I generally get along, good jobs, nice home. For some reason though part if me just cannot feel happiness. Even during my teenage years I only felt happy about 10% of the time and not have a reason for being unhappy. Life just feels like drudgery sometimes.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hugs for those who need it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Truffle View Post
    No I haven't. I will have a look. I do get out. I take DS to play group and swimming. I got myself on his kinder committee so I could meet people. My problem is that I don't have anyone I can rely on other than DH. DH had to take time off work while I was ill because we had no one else. Thank god he had the sick leave. It just always feels like us against the world. All the friends I have met here all have family around them so I don't think they get how difficult it can be to have no one at all. I do have a very good DH who goes above and beyond what most Dads would. It saddens me reading posts where the Dads are not so involved.
    Truffle it's hard but it takes time. We moved to Perth a little over 3 years ago when I was pregnant with DS and knew no one. So I get the whole feeling of having no one else to rely on when you are sick or need help. It takes time but I am now in a position where I may not have any blood family around me but I have built a wonderful and reliable urban family of support and friendship. I have a wonderful group of friends I can count on.

Keep doing what you're doing and you'll make a support group - it takes time but it does happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes very happy. I feel very blessed and content.

Doesnt mean I dont have problems or bad days tho!!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes and no. I'm happy with my kids.. they are my everything and I love life with them. I'm not 100% happy with dp. We have ongoing problems. I'm also very very lonely..

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am happy with my kids. I'm grateful for my loved ones being around me.

I am resilient therefore I am never down for long, so generally I'm in good spirits.

I am not happy with many aspects of my life, (mainly due to other's doings) but I appreciate the little things and do not want for much so I guess I'm content.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Let's see.
    We are the most broke we've ever been, including when my salary was over $30k less, our house is too small but moving isn't a possibility because, you know, broke I need to lose some weight, DD still doesn't sleep through (19months old), most of our other issues come back to money and I feel very much like it's holding me back from further study etc.
    But... Our marriage is in great. DH is genuinely my best friend. Even in tough times, we are always laughing together and I couldn't ask for better. Our kids are fantastic little people. The bigger ones are, for the most part, outstanding. They are happy, independent, responsible and kind children. The littlest lights up the whole family, she's bright, funny and such a joy.

I guess I can say that we are struggling in a number of ways- but yes, I'm happy. There are areas to improve on but I have it pretty good, really
    You have all the things that money cant buy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also big hugs to those who are struggling for various reasons.

Wishing happiness for you all

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (28-04-2014)