+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I feel very happy. We face our challenges on a daily basis and despite being physically quite unwell, I feel very positive and in a mentally healthy head space. I've suffered with depression, PND and anxiety disorders off and on through my adult life, so I really cherish feeling happy within myself - it filters through into every other aspect of my life.

Huge hugs to those who are struggling ATM xxxx
    I think you are amazing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (27-04-2014),misskittyfantastico  (30-04-2014),Mod-Myztik  (27-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is a very interesting thread. I've had a big think before replying. Yes I am happy, but I've had happier times in my life so I'd be fibbing if I didn't say I'd prefer those feelings. I have CFS and it can make some days very hard. I constantly work to keep positive but on occasion I get very overwhelmed and down. There's no easy solution.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hmmm most days I'm happy but some days no I'm not. Having Fibromyalgia really gets me down especially when I'm having a flare up and can't do everything I'd like to. It makes me worry for my future and therefore my son's future. I can't work in the type of jobs I want to so now having to rethink what I want to do. I think of going back to study but I'm not sure what I really want to study.
    In myself as in how I am as a person, friend, mother etc I'm happy but just other things dampen things and I try to be positive but it's hard on some days. Fatigue is a big buzz killer as well. Things can feel just too much effort to do with the fatigue as well.

(Hope that all made sense)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am pretty happy. I am fortunate to have never suffered mental illness or depression and I tend to be content quite easily. I don't want for much, so I don't find it hard to miss out on things. If my loved ones are in good health and we can pay the bills, I'm fine.

The only time I'm unhappy is if my DH is depressed. It happens from time to time and my heart breaks when he gets weighted down into a dark place where he views almost everything negatively. It's stressful.

I'm the strong one who pulls him out of it, but it's not easy sometimes. I feel like I do everything in my power to keep him happy, but it's not enough to stop it. That's not how mental illness works

Put quite simply, if my DH is happy, I'm happy.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ive got shocking pms at the moment so im a bit ragey

But on the grand scheme of things i am content and that makes me feel happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let's see.
    We are the most broke we've ever been, including when my salary was over $30k less, our house is too small but moving isn't a possibility because, you know, broke I need to lose some weight, DD still doesn't sleep through (19months old), most of our other issues come back to money and I feel very much like it's holding me back from further study etc.
    But... Our marriage is in great. DH is genuinely my best friend. Even in tough times, we are always laughing together and I couldn't ask for better. Our kids are fantastic little people. The bigger ones are, for the most part, outstanding. They are happy, independent, responsible and kind children. The littlest lights up the whole family, she's bright, funny and such a joy.

I guess I can say that we are struggling in a number of ways- but yes, I'm happy. There are areas to improve on but I have it pretty good, really

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

jenjenOo  (27-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I aim for contentment rather than happy. And is the scheme of things I am very content. I would love more sleep, and for DD2 not to struggle so much with her anxieties, and for DD1 to actually listen to me from time to time, but overall I'm very content and so yes am probably happy.

My parents are deeply unhappy (given the sadness in their lives it's not surprising) and I see how that eats away at them so am glad I don't feel that way. I wish I could help them but try and do so by not being a worry to them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just also wanted to send to all who need it xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, I am happy. But, this is something that has never been particularly difficult for me. I have never had to struggle with depression or mental illness or anything and tend to go with the flow quite well. I consider myself very lucky in that regard. My dh has an anxiety disorder and I have seen how hard it can be for him.

I have a great family and amazing friends. I am happy with our future plans. I dislike the house we own and would love to sell and move somewhere nicer/bigger but that is not enough to make me unhappy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have health issues - when I feel well I'm happy, when I feel bad I'm not. This year I only feel well about 30% of the time so i'm unhappy most of the time. I'm always reading about how people with illnesses & pain are still happy & would love to know how they do it.