+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am happy with my life, I love my life, my children, I wouldn't change anything because they are my everything and everything I do I do for them.

But I am not happy with me. I hate me. Always have always will.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For me happiness comes & goes. I'll have a bad day that I can't shake off for weeks or something negative from the past will play on my mind and I'm a nightmare to be around.

But I'm content. I'm mostly living the life I expected to have as a child & teenager. There's only one change to my life that would improve it any further & there's no quick fix for that. I like my life the way it is now. So not necessarily happy, but I'm definitely not unhappy either.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd be happy if I could live in a bubble and other people didn't keep knocking me about!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    I am happy with my life, I love my life, my children, I wouldn't change anything because they are my everything and everything I do I do for them.

Why?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I feel the very same

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Why?
    There are just things about myself I will never like. I'm lazy, unintelligent, unsocial unattractive and uncoordinated. Have worked on all those things and improved in all those areas, but when it comes down to it, those are traits I will always have even when I try to push past them, they are still who I am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are just things about myself I will never like. I'm lazy, unintelligent, unsocial unattractive and uncoordinated. Have worked on all those things and improved in all those areas, but when it comes down to it, those are traits I will always have even when I try to push past them, they are still who I am.
    You have three kids and I assume you care for them daily so you aren't lazy.

I can see your pic in your avatar , you are not unattractive.

The way you write indicates to me you are intelligent.

You are probably not particularly social because of the way you view yourself.

Have you thought about counselling op?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (30-04-2014),Funnels  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If that is you in your avatar, you are NOT unattractive. Very beautiful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    But how did you do this? I try to keep busy, do things for ds and keep busy, see friends, try and think positive, keep thinking of my goals and I just feel sad, traumatized by my past, gloomy, depressed, not positive about my future, frustrated with myself etc etc.

I'm thinking of going to a counsellor. Did you?
    I'm so sorry - I just saw this!
    I've seen a few counsellors over the years and yes they have all helped in different ways, especially with giving me some tools to deal with my anxiety and depression (I've also been on medication for over 15 years and can't see that changing any time).

The big change in my life though has been getting sick, it's sounds so melodramatic but I'm a different person now and I can't exactly say why but my illness has caused me to just be kinder to myself - eat better, meditate, I keep a gratitude journal now (I know, it's cringe worthy!). I just feel positive, I feel lucky and I feel strong - not all day everyday but it's there, that nagging, empty, nasty blackness is gone.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (30-04-2014),sunnyflower  (30-04-2014),Zombie_eyes  (30-04-2014),~Marigold~  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I'm so sorry - I just saw this!
    I've seen a few counsellors over the years and yes they have all helped in different ways, especially with giving me some tools to deal with my anxiety and depression (I've also been on medication for over 15 years and can't see that changing any time).

The big change in my life though has been getting sick, it's sounds so melodramatic but I'm a different person now and I can't exactly say why but my illness has caused me to just be kinder to myself - eat better, meditate, I keep a gratitude journal now (I know, it's cringe worthy!). I just feel positive, I feel lucky and I feel strong - not all day everyday but it's there, that nagging, empty, nasty blackness is gone.
    I am going to get counselling .