+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They can OP,my husband changed his surname as an adult, it honestly wasn't that hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Honestly, I don't think you can anticipate which option's most/least likely to annoy a child :P

I had quite a few friends as a teenager who changed their name. Each of them had had one parent's surname (mostly the father's, one the mother's) and due to their relationships with parents wanted to change it to the other parent's name. Most people I know with hyphenated surnames are fine with it, although one hated his and only ever went by one name. He recently had it changed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids are
    First name, middle name, last name last name
    When registering there birth it said I couldn't put a hyphen said only letters. Unless I read it wrong but I like that they just have 2 last names we are not married so I wanted my kids to have my name as well as my partners.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a short first name, long middle name & long surname, I find it quite annoying when filling out forms.

I dropped my maiden name and happily took DH's name when we were married, so we all have the same surname. Our DD's middle names are from my side of the family and have been passed down through generations, so they both have a name from each of us.

My 2 male friends with double barreled surnames both changed them before their 21st, but my girlfriends have kept theirs until they were married and then took their DH's name. Naming a baby is hardwork!