+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Oh my goodness, such fabulous information girls Thank you so much!!!!!

So from all your comments you've helped me understand that I won't be able to afford to pay hospital fees in private without insurance and that a lot of private obs might not deliver in public. I might try and call around to see if any exist. If I can't find one I'll go public and I will definitely look into a private midwife! You have made me feel a lot more at ease knowing the public system is just as safe if I do end up with twins. Looks like public is the way to go!

Thanks for helping
    Last edited by BaoLovesLudo; 26-04-2014 at 17:56.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BaoLovesLudo View Post
    You have made me feel a lot more at ease knowing the public system is just as safe if I do end up with twins. Looks like public is the way to go!
    You can't really go wrong with public in a major capital city like Melbourne. They know how look after everything in there.

I think the important thing to remember is that the attitudes of midwives and doctors isn't defined by whether they work in a public hospital or a private hospital. People often define their experiences by how they were treated by their caregivers (and rightly so) but it's possible that they could have had the exact same experience in either the private or the public health system if they had the same midwife or doctor caring for them.

You could get a horrible midwife or doctor at a public hospital and rant about how the public system is terrible and you're never going public again, but that exact same midwife or doctor could also work at a private hospital and make you never want to go private again. (And same goes for wonderful midwives and doctors as well of course!!!)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

BaoLovesLudo  (28-04-2014),jasminecook85  (29-08-2014),Kazza78  (26-04-2014)