Closed Thread
Page 52 of 102 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boysiewantsabub View Post
    wouldn't it be better to know then rather than the waiting 2 weeks for nothing? Thoughts???
    That's my fs philosophy - why bother transferring an embryo that's not going to make it. Especially if you have multiple at day 2, you want to pick the strongest but how can you tell unless you see which ones continue to develop. My first two cycles I only ever had one at day 5 and they were only morulas at that point so when I changed fs he actually waited until day 6 to make sure it did actually make it to blastocyst. even if you end up with no embryos at day 5 sometimes that can give the fs more info about where things are going wrong for you and that can improve your chances in your next cycle.

Good on you for speaking up, we put so much trust in our doctors but sometimes I think we know our bodies better than they do so it's really important to have your opinion heard.

We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility and my first fs had the attitude of "we can't explain it so it should work next time, we'll just up the dosage a bit". I was really glad when we changed fs and he said "well there has to be something wrong we just haven't found it yet" and pretty much treated every possible option that wasn't ruled out. From steroids to anti-coagulants to supplements to improve egg quality. He even made dh take supplements and put ice on his nuts to improve sperm quality.

I hope the changes this cycle do the trick for you!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

Boysiewantsabub  (16-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyloubelle View Post
    oh wow Boysiewantsabub… you are most definitely one strong woman… you poor thing to have endured so much and you are still waiting . I'm sorry I don't have any real advice for you, just sending you lots of baby dust.

I'm just jumping back in here…. we've been trying/not preventing pregnancy since 2010….. lost 20kgs earlier this year and had given it a much better crack this year. got my first bfp ever in april…. found out pregnancy was over at 9 weeks… to then miscarry at 12 weeks. currently in my first proper cycle after it all… so all in all months of lots of heartache in there…. I'm just petrified….. of not getting pregnant…. or of getting pregnant and it all happening again…. just needing to vent really. A friend is pregnant with her second at the moment and she is a couple of weeks ahead of what I would have been now…. it sucsk
    Hi Lilyloubelle, Not fun for you at all I too am scared. But i once read every Failure brings you one step closer to success. So I try to keep the fear (and the black dog) at bay by reminding myself over and over that every Cycle gets me 1 step closer to a BFP and Every BFP gets me 1 step closer to a real live baby.
    I sometimes hate seeing Pregnant women and getting invited to the dreaded Baby shower -stab in the guts!
    But maybe, just maybe their success is also one step closer to my success???????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boysiewantsabub View Post
    Thanks Delirium, I don't feel strong, I actually feel a little bit stupid . I always believed everything i was told by the FS's Never questioned anything. I believed them all when they said "we can find nothing wrong it will happen next time". So i diligently spent every year saving up money and almost every Christmas i would have another go (Just counted up my cycles and this is go number 12 not 10! cant believe it). Thank Goodness i found this website this year! It gave me the courage to ask questions and insist on answers. This is my 3rd cycle this year as we have decided time to give it everything or give up. Wondering if maybe i have an NKC problem like some of you talk about? But trying to think positive and getting ready to go into battle next week and insist i get my Blasty not a day 2 tansfer. But hubby is worried said we might get nothing - but wouldn't it be better to know then rather than the waiting 2 weeks for nothing? Thoughts???
    I definitely think you should look into high NK cells, my fs has said we are now unexplained infertility and is trying to convince us to do Ivf but I'm pretty sure I have hight NKC and have no problem getting pregnant just a problem getting them to implant, no amount of Ivf will help, but my fs refuses to test for it until I have 3 failed Ivf cycles.

TTC #1 since July 2011

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CinderElla88 For This Useful Post:

Boysiewantsabub  (16-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    See that really gets my goat. They won't test until 3 failed cycles? That's a lot of money and heartbreak. When you sign up to IVF they look at MFI, they want u/s, HcG's, laps to find out what is wrong... yet they won't look at NK testing straight away. The cynical side of me saying is to get more money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep 3 failed cycles or 3 miscarriages, plus my fs charges $10,000 a cycle. I had a appointment to get checked for high NK cells the week my husband lost his job so had to cancel and now it's off the cards for a while.

TTC #1 since July 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Phee your post really strengthened my resolve. And ladies how do you get tested for high NK cells?
    Sadly in my 10 years of dealing with ivf clinics I have learnt they are very much about making money. Before the medicare rebate icsi cost $3500 but once the medicare rebate came in itwent up to$6000 almost overnight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CinderElla88 View Post
    I definitely think you should look into high NK cells, my fs has said we are now unexplained infertility and is trying to convince us to do Ivf but I'm pretty sure I have hight NKC and have no problem getting pregnant just a problem getting them to implant, no amount of Ivf will help, but my fs refuses to test for it until I have 3 failed Ivf cycles.

TTC #1 since July 2011

Yep 3 failed cycles or 3 miscarriages, plus my fs charges $10,000 a cycle. I had a appointment to get checked for high NK cells the week my husband lost his job so had to cancel and now it's off the cards for a while.

TTC #1 since July 2011
    I don't get it @CinderElla88. So you had an appointment for NK tests, and had to cancel, and now your FS is like "sorry, you only get one chance to have that test and if you cancel you have to do 3 cycles of IVF before I put that test on the table again"? Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

"...dreaming of a belly full of life..."

Thanks
    Reviews

TTC #1 since July 2011
    Doesn't your clinic only charge at the last minute before getting the rebate back? Asking as that's what mine does, so I'm only out of pocket for the full amount for a few days.

Why are you not able to do the NKC test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The tests are around $1200 and we are only getting by on my pension right now.
    Also I have no idea about my fs Ivf costs it's not even in the cards at that price, we would be going through westmead but not till after I get tested for nk cells.

TTC #1 since July 2011
    Last edited by CinderElla88; 16-08-2014 at 23:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah. Yeah, IVF isn't cheap! Have you contacted/looked into the new cheap IVF clinic through Primary Health?

What treatments have you been doing with your FS so far?