Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing

Xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MissusMac For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rocky I was the same as heymissa - clomid was way worse than the ivf drugs! I was an emotional wreck on clomid but felt fine on ivf. Getting over the first injection was the tricky part!

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 5 cycles clomid; 2 unsuccessful ivf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies feeling much better today. Af is back to normal 29 days after then chem in feb throwing it out.
    Operation on Wednesday to to get my wisdom teeth out, had my lap last year.

TTC #1 since July 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    HeyMissA & Phee, I'm so relieved to hear that clomid was harder than ivf meds! I had such a bad reaction on clomid with it affecting my eye sight
    & the hot & cold chills all the time! I was sooo worried about starting stronger meds. The first one will be the hardest one I bet DH is coming to the appt but doesn't want to do them, so I guessing better pay attention

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    HeyMissA & Phee, I'm so relieved to hear that clomid was harder than ivf meds! I had such a bad reaction on clomid with it affecting my eye sight
    & the hot & cold chills all the time! I was sooo worried about starting stronger meds. The first one will be the hardest one I bet DH is coming to the appt but doesn't want to do them, so I guessing better pay attention
    Hi Rocky and others, i found the effects of IVF drugs a little easier than clomid except i had one meltdown hormonal day towards the end. Injections werent too bad even though hubby said he would do them and then chickened out.

AFM, i have spoken with my FS to arrange the FET for my next cycle, currently i am CD5. She confirmed i'm doing a medicated FET on Letrozole CD2-6. Hopefully that's our magic protocol! Now just some more waiting waiting waiting xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post

Star, how are you going?
    Hey rocky
    Not doing so great. Had my gyno appointment today and he's basically told me there's nothing more he can do for me. No more clomid, no more anything. He told me to go back to the dr and get a referral to a fs. We can't afford that kind of treatment so ttc is officially over for us

I hope your cycle goes really well and ends in a bfp!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear Star, this long term ttc thing is just awful & I would never wish it on anyone. It's a shame that he can't do iui for you before looking at ivf.

Hugs & we are here any time, especially if you need to talk or vent. I've found it hard talking to people in real life about it, as not many people seem to understand the pain that goes along with it.

I'm still hoping that you will get a natural miracle What a lovely surprise that would be

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

starflame  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bel2466 View Post
    Hi Rocky and others, i found the effects of IVF drugs a little easier than clomid except i had one meltdown hormonal day towards the end. Injections werent too bad even though hubby said he would do them and then chickened out.

AFM, i have spoken with my FS to arrange the FET for my next cycle, currently i am CD5. She confirmed i'm doing a medicated FET on Letrozole CD2-6. Hopefully that's our magic protocol! Now just some more waiting waiting waiting xx
    I hope that's your magic protocol too Bel! I'll have everything crossed for you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

bel2466  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was wrong about my cycle being back to normal, though af had arrived on Sunday but have just had 3 days of red/brown spotting without it increasing, it's not enough for a tampon.

TTC #1 since July 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rocky my dh didn't want to do it either. It's not so bad once you get through the first couple. I found the initial appointment so overwhelming, but watched lots of YouTube videos showing how to do the different injections and that made me feel more confident!

Star I'm sorry you are at that stage. I'm not sure where you live but the mater hospital in Brisbane are currently recruiting participants for some clinical trials for a fertility drug. apparently it's been really successful in trials overseas and so they're trying to replicate the trials here. A friend of mine is participating and they're running lots of additional tests for free to see if she is eligible for the trial. Might be something you could look into? I don't know if any other hospitals are researching the same thing but you never know. I thought about it myself but if accepted they want to to take the drug for up to 8 months, and there's a 50/50 chance you could get the placebo. After nearly 3 years of ttc it wasn't worth the risk for us, but if ivf wasn't an option I'd definitely consider it.

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 5 cycles clomid; 2 unsuccessful ivf.