Closed Thread
Page 16 of 102 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phee83 View Post
    Hi @Rainbow2015 that's great your dp has a new job! Hopefully the surgery was all you needed and things will happen for you soon!

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 5 cycles clomid; 2 unsuccessful ivf.
    Thanks I've had 14 months of healing so hopefully all is well, cost me 8k to get it done because my stupid private health didn't want to cover it and it was also one of the first ops done in most of Australia. 6dpo today so hopefully I'll get two lines next week. I had a weird dream of having a baby girl and breastfeeding and thinking about how much I loved breastfeeding it felt so weird, I don't usually have dreams like that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pprom.mama For This Useful Post:

JessiW  (01-06-2014),Mamasupial  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually had a baby dream the other night too - baby girl also, and I was just looking at her thinking "I can't believe she's actually here!"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by phee83 View Post
    I actually had a baby dream the other night too - baby girl also, and I was just looking at her thinking "I can't believe she's actually here!"

hopefully that means it's close for us! It still feels so real lol if only it was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow2015 View Post
    Thanks I've had 14 months of healing so hopefully all is well, cost me 8k to get it done because my stupid private health didn't want to cover it and it was also one of the first ops done in most of Australia. 6dpo today so hopefully I'll get two lines next week. I had a weird dream of having a baby girl and breastfeeding and thinking about how much I loved breastfeeding it felt so weird, I don't usually have dreams like that.

Omg I had the same dream a few nights ago! I dreamt I had a baby girl and I was breastfeeding her thinking how weird it felt, and it felt so real. Bizarre that we had almost identical dreams. Hoping mine means I'm having a girl not that I care either way

Me: 28 DH: 30
    TTC #1 since Nov 2012
    Can't wait to have our own little miracle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, how is everyone going?

So interesting thing happened. Last week I went to the dr with my mum to get some stuff sorted for her. We saw a dr we used to see years ago and she ended up asking me when I was going to start having babies. I told her all about my pcos and my failed clomid attempts and the gyno telling me he couldn't do anything else.

Well she turned around to me and goes "I'll get you pregnant". She's told me to get back on metformin because "it really does help" (even though it did nothing for me the 3 1/2 months I was on it before) and then she told me to get serious about losing weight and try a gluten free diet. She has also given me another script with 5 repeats of clomid to try, told me to start them right away.

I kind of left a bit shell shocked because I wasn't expecting to have to talk about any of it that day. I also saw the dietician 2 days later and she informed me I'm not eating enough and backs up the taking metformin for pcos. She's given me an idea of what to eat and says that a low gi diet is much better idea than gluten free. So I started my low gi diet and also taking metformin Monday. I haven't decided if I want to take clomid again yet, so I'm just focused on healthy eating at the moment. I must say I'm finding it hard to get all the recommended servings of everything in one day!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to starflame For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds really positive Star! Yay for being so proactive and stumbling across a proactive GP!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

starflame  (05-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great star! Good luck with the new diet. I really hope it works for you.

I did this ridiculous homeopathic diet last year which was essentially gluten free, protein focused diet, and I lost so much weight - about 11kg in a 2-3 months. Considering I was pretty slim to begin with that was heaps.

Last edited by phee83; 04-06-2014 at 16:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea I like bread and stuff too much to go completely without it, I find that if I prevent myself from eating the things I like I'm more likely to binge so the low gi seems to be the best way. The only thing I'm finding since taking the metformin is I'm starving all the time! I'm drinking so much water and eating regularly so maybe my metabolism has kicked in or something lol
    Hopefully I'll lose a good amour of weight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh I'm so over having to take all these medications and supplements! I haven't even started jabbing yet!

The regime new fs has me on is:
    Morning:
    1 sniff synarel
    1 contraceptive pill
    2 prednisone
    1 berocca
    3 drops iodine

Evening:
    1 sniff synarel
    1 contraceptive pill
    1 aspirin
    1 folic acid
    2 co enzyme q10
    2 vitamin e
    1 fish oil
    1 vitamin d
    1 zinc
    1 melatonin

I feel like I should rattle!

Last edited by phee83; 06-06-2014 at 06:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Star I'm glad you got onto a good doctor! They sound really good It's also funny that it happened on a day when you weren't expecting it to as well. Maybe it was meant to be. I hope it works well & yes I'm with you on the bread etc, I love all that stuff too

Phee, you poor thing!! How many days of that do you have left? When's your EPU? I have everything crossed for you

Well I finally heard back from the nurses & I have to wait until September until they will transfer one of our embies for us. It feels like forever away but at least now I can enjoy a wine for my 30th