Closed Thread
Page 14 of 102 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    MGC, how did you go with your blood test? That's lovely of your sister to donate her eggs I hope it works soon for you.

I have everything crossed for this cycle for you Phee! That's exciting it's with your new FS. Hopefully he can offer you a different & fresh approach. You'll have to keep us updated as to how you're going

Jessi, that's great results from your blood test Make sure you let us know how your scan goes!

HeyMissA, I'm so excited you had a great scan & a perfect heartbeat! That's such great news What a beautiful moment that would've been.

I'm so sorry if I've missed anyone out as I'm on my phone.

AFM, I got mild OHSS. Had awful pain & put on 5.5kgs within the space of a few days. I'm so grateful it wasn't worse & all I have to do is rest up & wait for it to settle.

I heard today they froze 4 of my embies, yay They'll call me in 2 days time to advise how many more made it to freezing at Day 5.

Even though I can't do a transfer for another 2-3 months I'm excited I no longer feel like I'm in limbo. I've never had that feeling before (apart from when I was briefly pregnant both times before it had ended in a m/c).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

HeyMissA  (27-05-2014),MGC Bertie  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rocky.... I so know how you feel about living in limbo land - it's just like I live day-by-day. I do sometimes wonder what my purpose is. Hope you're feeling much better soon. Sounds like you have some nice frosties there.

AFM... Yes, it's officially a BFN, as expected.

I got the nurse to also test my TSH level and it's gone down to 0.7. Sounds good (since the aim is to be between 1-2) but considering 5 weeks ago it was 5.4, then 3 weeks ago 12.4 and now 0.7, it definitely sounds like something that I need to get stabilised before doing an FET.

First available appointment for FS is in 3 weeks time, and first available appointment for Dr M is 5 weeks. I asked to go on both cancellation lists, as really don't want to wait for either that long. Thinking of sending them both emails, explaining what else I want tested, and what meds I'm thinking of doing next. Also going to make an appointment for my endocrinologist tomorrow, though usually he's months is advance too!

On a side note, this afternoon's nurse, mentioned that Prof I is now also prescribing Prednisolone for immune issues (along with aspirin and Clexane), so it's interesting that he's coming over to this belief.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rocky that's great news! 4 frosties ! Hopefully you get a few day 5 ones as well! Will you put back one or two?

I have a scan on Wednesday (day 6) and if everything looks good I'll start jabbing that day. The best thing is the fs starts scan appointments from 6am so I can go before work. He's so dedicated to start so early in the morning! I still can't believe we're about to start all this again...

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 5 cycles clomid; 2 unsuccessful ivf.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (27-05-2014),Rocky27  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC, I'm so sorry to hear. That's interesting about TSH levels. That's good you're booked in to see your FS but it would be nice to get a cancellation appt! I know what the waits are like. I had a 6 month wait once & it was so frustrating! I never ovulated on my own & have such a range of other problems, I usually look forward to appt's as it's a means of moving forward. I hope it goes by fairly quickly for you

Thanks Phee, I should hear hopefully today about the day 5 ones. I hope they call this morning & not in the afternoon.

They'll only ever let me put one in because I have a bicornuate uterus & it's a little on the small side. They're not sure if I'll have enough room to bring one to term, which is a shame because I would absolutely love the chance at twins!

Oh, good luck for your scan today! I hope it all goes well & you can start jabbing today That's great he has early appt's so you can go in before work, that's so handy! Good luck, I have everything crossed for you for this cycle.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So the scan wasn't exactly what we were hoping for... At day 6 my lining was 6mm and fs says he wants it to be less than 4mm - "don't want to plant new seeds in old dirt" was the phrase he used haha! So he's postponing my cycle, I have to go on the pill for 2 weeks, have a withdrawal bleed to clear out the old lining and then we can try again.

On the upside, my EPU will now most likely fall during reporting week at school (much easier to take time off in that week!) And transfer in school holidays so I'll be nice and relaxed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by phee83 View Post
    So the scan wasn't exactly what we were hoping for... At day 6 my lining was 6mm and fs says he wants it to be less than 4mm - "don't want to plant new seeds in old dirt" was the phrase he used haha! So he's postponing my cycle, I have to go on the pill for 2 weeks, have a withdrawal bleed to clear out the old lining and then we can try again.

On the upside, my EPU will now most likely fall during reporting week at school (much easier to take time off in that week!) And transfer in school holidays so I'll be nice and relaxed!

Phee, I'm so sorry the lining wasn't where it needed to be. That's great that he's so particular though! It might make all the difference, which is really good. What he was saying (loved the way he said it by the way, lol) makes sense.

That's awesome the EPU will fall at a time where it's easier for you to take time off work & the transfer will be in the holidays so you can put your feet up & relax!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Rocky. I am glad that he's so particular. Ivf is expensive, and I certainly want to make sure we have the best chance possible so it's really good he's on the same page. Besides what's 2 more weeks really!

And great news about your day 5 frosties too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Phee I was so sad for you to see this, after 2 rounds already and then more delays. It's all waiting after more waiting and just when you thought the waiting was over you have to wait some more. Hopefully the patience pays off and you get a nice healthy lining and a transfer when you're more relaxed will bring better results . I feel like this round just has to work for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heymissa. I'm surprisingly ok with it. I've been trying to be really relaxed and positive and telling myself things like "when our child is 18 we won't care that we had to wait an extra month or two" and "this could be the last 4 weeks before you're pregnant - you should enjoy it! Savour being able to sleep in and and eat what I like and focus on myself and what I want without guilt, because hopefully I won't be able to do that anymore so I should enjoy it now"

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

HeyMissA  (28-05-2014),Rocky27  (29-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spotting again this month, I give up!

TTC #1 since July 2011