Closed Thread
Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1011
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got the date for my lap, I am booked in for jan 22 fx I get a bfp this month and don't need it.

Good luck today star with your lap, you'll do great.

TTC #1 since July 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles1984 View Post
    Have any of you ladies been suffering depression? I'm finding things quite difficult to cope with at the moment and I'm not really sure what to do. I am on medication for depression and I find that I can't talk to my friends because they don't understand what we're going through. They all got pregnant on their first tries. The last 5 years for us has been total hell as well as the ttc stuff. Maybe I've been hiding all the pain for so long that it's all starting to get to me now.
    HI Bubbles - I do suffer Depression and anxiety. We have been trying for a family since we first married in 1999. I have been doing IVF for over 10 years despite being told "We'll have you pregnant in no time". My Nieces/Nephews are now all in their late teens and my Sisters and Friends are all talking about how great it is now the kids are grown up and they have their "Freedom" back. They tell me how lucky I am It kills me a little inside. Most don't even know I'm still trying.
    If i be honest there have been plenty of days along this journey when i have asked is life worth living with so much pain. My GP referred me to a Psychologist 5 years ago and i have been seeing him on the Medicare Mental Health Plan So it costs very little. It has been a MASSIVE help. He gave me permission to hate my situation, to rail against the injustice of it all, to get the ****s with the Clinics who after all are JUST businesses.
    Now I am on my very last try. If this doesn't work i will morn the life I had planned for myself but i will also embrace the exciting prospect of a clean slate. A new start, with no plans, No Failure, No expectations and endless possibilities.

Sending you all Love and Hugs Especially to you @starflame I hope you get some answers today.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boysiewantsabub For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (27-11-2014),Tiggzie  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you ladies. I had my lap and dye test today. I don't think I've ever felt as heartbroken during this journey as I do right now.

The surgeon came to see me in recovery. My left tube is blocked by scarring, I have adhesions from the back of my uterus to my bowel and both tubes and ovaries are adhered to my uterus and side wall. Clomid won't work for me No option but ivf :'( absolutely heartbroken :'(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    Thank you ladies. I had my lap and dye test today. I don't think I've ever felt as heartbroken during this journey as I do right now.

The surgeon came to see me in recovery. My left tube is blocked by scarring, I have adhesions from the back of my uterus to my bowel and both tubes and ovaries are adhered to my uterus and side wall. Clomid won't work for me No option but ivf :'( absolutely heartbroken :'(
    @starflame I'm so sorry to read that! I'm so proud of you for pushing and pushing for answers - you have them now and knowledge is power.
    Right now we know it feel impossible for you to do IVF (all that bloody money) - but only last week the Nurse at my IVF clinic was saying it is only going to be a matter of time before there is Medicare only IVF treatment. So take time now to care for yourself. Enjoy time with your wonderful supportive and loving hubby. and as soon as the Medicare Only IVF makes its way to your area you will be ready to go and in a great place Physically and mentally for it. Sending hugs your way

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boysiewantsabub For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (27-11-2014),starflame  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starflame.... oh I'm so sorry. I just don't know why these things happen to some people and not others. And after having gone through 12 cycles of IVF myself, I sooo don't wish it on anyone. But yes, take your time to grieve a bit, then look into some of the cheaper IVF options that are out there. Thinking of you - none of this is easy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

starflame  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs Star.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Funchu For This Useful Post:

starflame  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Star... I'm sorry to hear... Hang in there lovely, you are still young and as Boysie said, cheaper IVF options will become available in the near future. Did you have any symptoms??? Sending you big hugs x

Boysie, thank you for sharing your story. Your perseverance is truly admirable - you are stronger than you think.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiggzie For This Useful Post:

starflame  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge hugs star

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boysiewantsabub View Post
    HI Bubbles - I do suffer Depression and anxiety. We have been trying for a family since we first married in 1999. I have been doing IVF for over 10 years despite being told "We'll have you pregnant in no time". My Nieces/Nephews are now all in their late teens and my Sisters and Friends are all talking about how great it is now the kids are grown up and they have their "Freedom" back. They tell me how lucky I am It kills me a little inside. Most don't even know I'm still trying.
    If i be honest there have been plenty of days along this journey when i have asked is life worth living with so much pain. My GP referred me to a Psychologist 5 years ago and i have been seeing him on the Medicare Mental Health Plan So it costs very little. It has been a MASSIVE help. He gave me permission to hate my situation, to rail against the injustice of it all, to get the ****s with the Clinics who after all are JUST businesses.
    Now I am on my very last try. If this doesn't work i will morn the life I had planned for myself but i will also embrace the exciting prospect of a clean slate. A new start, with no plans, No Failure, No expectations and endless possibilities.

Sending you all Love and Hugs Especially to you @starflame I hope you get some answers today.
    Thank you boysie. This really has helped me. I'm thinking of going to see a psychologist. I will talk to my dr about it as well. I do have a mental health plan so it should be ok. Thank you so much. The hardest part is not being able to talk to my friends. I don't want to burden them with it but I need someone to talk to. Dh isn't a talker either so we just go along with the flow and stuff but sometimes I wish he would just talk. Men!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles1984 For This Useful Post:

Boysiewantsabub  (28-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. Can I join you ladies? I have been joining testing threads but they just make this TTC caper more difficult. I am blessed with 3 healthy children, but in my heart I am not done. My youngest just turned five and I've been TTC since I had her. I have had a mc, an ectopic and numerous chemicals. I have been on Metformin for the last year, as the OB I was referred to by the OB that delivered my kids found I have glucose intolerance, which is a little bit of an explanation for my problems. Throw into that DH is FIFO and not always home at the right time. People around me keep having babies and I just want it to be my turn again already.