Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Long Term TTC chat #2

Hope you are feeling better Cinder. Are you having a lap next week? X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @BeingPositive - 10 days until scan - i'm so scared that there will be nothing there. Bloods still increasing. I hate not being able to enjoy this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heymissa that's something I worry about - after worrying that I'll never have a child, I worry that if I do get pregnant I'll be so terrified that it won't last that I won't be able to enjoy it. If we had conceived naturally in the first 6 months I probably would have celebrated the instant that second line appeared, and would have told our parents as soon as blood tests confirmed it. Now I try so hard not to get my hopes up too much that I think it'll be really difficult to turn that off.

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 5 cycles clomid; 2 unsuccessful ivf.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

HeyMissA  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I understand missA. After so many losses I can't enjoy a BFP. Remember each week that passes, increases your chances

DH and I had a deep chat last night after I lost the plot at him. I can't keep doing this. He wants to keep going at least 6 months, if not 12. I can't make that. I'm unsure of an exact date, and I'm hyper emotional so that may be swaying me, but another 3 months and that will be it for me I think. It's not that I want to give up, I just can't physically do this anymore. Especially after this cycle when I thought I was pg. I 100% don't believe we will ever have another baby and it's time to say good bye to our dream very soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing to the new thread

HeyMissA, it's just not fair after going through long term ttc or experiencing a loss. I hope that everything is fine & bub will be measuring as they should be. I do understand the worry beforehand though. I know as soon as we get a BFP, I will be the same.

I'm sorry to hear Del, hugs. That's good that you & DH had a good talk about it. It might be good for him to hear how hard it is on you. I hope you get your BFP very soon

How are you going Phee?

Sorry if I've accidentally missed anyone, I'm on my phone & can't look back through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Af arrived today - it's ok though as we were taking this month off. The good news is the anti inflammatories the new Dr gave me for period pain actually did a good job so I was relatively pain free today which is huge. The new Dr also found I'm deficient in vitamin d, iodine and sodium so that was interesting. A few new pills to add to the regimen and Dr 's orders to get some sun. I start synarel day 20 of this cycle and stim again next cycle.

Where are you at Rocky?

Sorry to hear that you're struggling del. What if you go for 3 more months, then take 3 months off and then reassess how you feel. If you are still done then take another 3 months and reassess. You might feel differently with a decent break and no stress/pressure for a few months. And knowing that you'll reconsider at a set point might help your dh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyMissA View Post
    @BeingPositive - 10 days until scan - i'm so scared that there will be nothing there. Bloods still increasing. I hate not being able to enjoy this.
    Hey, I can imagine you feeling so scared, but I guess nobody can ever be as hopeful as us who are TTC'ing for a time. We know how to be hopeful after the lowest of lows.. so hang in there. We are all praying for you

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BeingPositive For This Useful Post:

HeyMissA  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by phee83 View Post
    Af arrived today - it's ok though as we were taking this month off. The good news is the anti inflammatories the new Dr gave me for period pain actually did a good job so I was relatively pain free today which is huge. The new Dr also found I'm deficient in vitamin d, iodine and sodium so that was interesting. A few new pills to add to the regimen and Dr 's orders to get some sun. I start synarel day 20 of this cycle and stim again next cycle.

Where are you at Rocky?

Sorry to hear that you're struggling del. What if you go for 3 more months, then take 3 months off and then reassess how you feel. If you are still done then take another 3 months and reassess. You might feel differently with a decent break and no stress/pressure for a few months. And knowing that you'll reconsider at a set point might help your dh.

Hey Phee, that's great that the medication they gave you helped with the pain. If you get it bad, it's so awful & so hard to actually do anything. That's good they found some vitamins that you're deficient in. I don't think I've ever been tested for that sort of thing. Hopefully changing something small like that will be a huge help

I'm nearly at the end of taking the pill! I have my nurses/booking in appt on Tues, which is exciting! Injections due to start the 10th of May. I'm so scared but excited to start. I just don't know what to expect & I reacted so badly with clomid I'm scared for ivf but I want that BFP more (hopefully anyway)...

Star, how are you going?

How is everyone? It seems really quiet in here lately, everyone must've gone away for the long wk end

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your support everyone.
    @Rocky27 - I found the IVF meds a breeze compared to clomid. I did say to the nurses that they only put me on the clomid so I'd take the IVF meds with no complaints. Hope the round goes well for you.

Del - maybe after a few months trying and then a few months break you'll have a bit more energy for another few tries.

phee - good to hear they've done some more tests and I hope you have a better result with round #3.